zf6 trans fluid and tcase fluid

1ofakind79

Reaction score
Im also interested to know how it works. I changed mine this fall and just put in mercon V like my owners manual said. Now with it being cold here its noisy to drive in the winter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
put the amsoil in today... after about three hours of fighting with the fill/top plug... *** me.. broke a ratchet off inside of it couldn't get it out... tried to chisel around the outside edge in the direction to loosen... all that did was peel it of smooth instead of protruding out like it did at one point... ***in torches where out of acetylene. tried a burnsomatic propane hand torch... not even close to hot enough to heat it up... said *** it and cut a bolt in half and welded it to the plug so i could get a socket on it... let it cool down... spun the dam thing out by hand...:mad:

but all in all its good smooth shifting fluid.... clutch is bout completely shot anyway, but it went from kinda sorta grinding into gear every time to now once when going through the gears i think it was third or fifth.
live life full throttle

1ofakind79

Reaction score
SOunds good I may have to do this too. Mine shifts fine but its noisey. I have ATF hopefully the thicker oil with make it a little quieter.

bigwheel

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread but how are you guys liking the amsoil manual fluid? Does it work well in the cold? Are you guys having any problems? What have you guys put in your t-case?

Thanks

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Still working great for me. I've run it for a year or so now, no complaints on my end...made a big difference with the cold shifts. Much smoother now. Granted I only got down to single digits a few times this past winter, lincoln should be able to give more insight on the cold. It gets a bit colder in MI vs KS

Latest posts

Members online