6.4 2.5 pulling truck build

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
BTW the shock mounts are from leaf spring Superdutys. The passenger side was the easy side. I just drilled 3 holes and put 3 bolts in.
Now the driver side was a bit tricky because of the steering gear box plus the frame is angled right there. The top 2 holes I was able to use bolts and I just drilled and tapped the bottom hole. I also had to use washers to shim the shock mount so it would sit square with the frame.
coil spring front get hop that bad?

live life full throttle

Rubenk

Reaction score
Awesome build! I dig the shock setup too, clean and simple.

And yes they hop BAD stock, not to derail, but I havent seen any other videos so i'll share mine from last weekend. I put a 4-link on Friday and pulled again yesterday and wheel hop is entirely cured now. Look forward to seeing yours in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsQXqB2go0

packin45

Reaction score
Rubenk how low does the 4link bracket sit on a stock height truck? I've been looking to upgrade my 2011 but the PMF website says it sits low on factory height.

Sent from my iPhone

Rubenk

Reaction score
Mine is factory height F250, i'd say maybe a few inches lower than the factory radius arm sticks out?

11212337_10155593683395245_1317215635_n.jpg

packin45

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. The lower link looks about level, so that's not bad.

Sent from my iPhone

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Just read thru this hadn't noticed it till now, looks great! cant wait to see it run, im hoping to build a full time zf6 puller next winter with the parts from my current 6.4 pull truck. Good luck!

gman1

Reaction score
Somehow I have missed this thread. Cool stuff man, you get it up and pulling soon.
Thanks buddy! Cant wait to see the silver bullet run.

Just read thru this hadn't noticed it till now, looks great! cant wait to see it run, im hoping to build a full time zf6 puller next winter with the parts from my current 6.4 pull truck. Good luck!
Thanks. Ive been watching your threads on your puller. Lookin good!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Whens the first pull? I want to hand deliver those decals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman1

Reaction score
Whens the first pull? I want to hand deliver those decals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Thanks! Test and tune is June 3rd in Peck. Not sure if Im gonna get the truck done in time. It will be close. If anything Ill be there spectating. Ill keep in touch with you as we get closer.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I missed this, but this is an awesome build so far Joel. What clutch are you going with?

Latest posts

Members online