Broke the BTS

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
This is still hands downs the trans I would buy if I needed one. Seeing the power it holds and doesn't miss a beat in a 8 second truck is impressive.

dieselflash

Reaction score
I guess what it all boils down to, is that Brian just has too much on his plate. He builds an awesome product and like an other product there will be failures. One man can only do so much in a days work.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Wow 30k in 6 years! Thats like three trips around the block every year! LOL

Reaction score
Man I would love to have put that many miles on my truck in 6 years. In the last 6 years I have put right at 15k on it 5 of that in the last couple months. Been thru 3 transmissions. Blew a head gasket with arp studs. Had a timing cover cracked and rebuilt the motor twice. Lmao. I don't have good luck with. Well anything.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am NOT! Im good in a scramble because I can hit a long ball but after that im higjly questionable. The guy thats on my team for the lumberyards outing is a good golfer and he can hit the ball further and it goes where he wants it to. The one course we were on the 18th. About 340 yds from the box to the pin.This ***ker drops it on the green about 10 yds right of the flag. Uphill and over the high side of the green. In other words I still dont know how the ***k he did it. Amazing.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I am NOT! Im good in a scramble because I can hit a long ball but after that im higjly questionable. The guy thats on my team for the lumberyards outing is a good golfer and he can hit the ball further and it goes where he wants it to. The one course we were on the 18th. About 340 yds from the box to the pin.This ***ker drops it on the green about 10 yds right of the flag. Uphill and over the high side of the green. In other words I still dont know how the ***k he did it. Amazing.
Hahahaha it's a great game. I play a lot. New Zealand last week. 20150507_093037.jpg

Attachments

• 20150507_102345.jpg
    20150507_102345.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Reaction score
I think this is the biggest issue with BTS, and well I am prolly making an educated accusation coming from the buisiness as someone who has rebuilt several transmissions is that his demand has overcome his ability to supply.. This is just an opinion but when you have to build a 1000+ 4Rs/E4s right you run into how much will I have in a trans to make it right.. You tear it down, discover it has a junk planetary (planetarys are super duper expensive) and the customer demands the best for 5500 bones IIRC, but the billet shafts, clutches, converter, trick shift parts and machining and assembly time allow you to make profit when you have say 5000 invested.. So they buy cores, they use core transmissions as donors, EVERY MANAFACTURER DOES THIS INCLUDING CAT, CUMMINS, AND ALLISON, DETROIT BLAH BLAH BLAH.. So what do you do, call the customer and inform them, hey we are going to use genuine new BW parts to repair the transmisson right but your bill is now 7500 bucks... No they rob parts from other cores and peice it together, alot of people that build transmissions do this, I've done this for customers as well, it works, but is every single part isn't 100% some times, it's the risk you take. Clutches fail for a number of reason, planetarys get enough slop in them to cause binding issues during an unlocking event, low line pressure, warped cases, a shift valve that stuck after the break in period, it's hard to build a perfect transmission when you're adding 3500 bucks worth of Billet shafts and have say 1500 left for rebuilt parts and converter.. And now you take 500 for profit.. It's hard to sell it at what they really sell it for to make money and stay in buisiness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.