MY BUILD

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea I'll be checking everything in the am. But I've talked to a few and I'm betting the engine Is hurt with a cracked piston. I can't be mad, we are all playing with the devil on stock bottom ends at these power levels. LOL. O Morgan, you ready to build me something?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
DO NOT TRY TO START IT !! piston IS gone, ive seen it 3 times myself.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yea I'll be checking everything in the am. But I've talked to a few and I'm betting the engine Is hurt with a cracked piston. I can't be mad, we are all playing with the devil on stock bottom ends at these power levels. LOL. O Morgan, you ready to build me something?
Like some have said its really luck of the draw. And I hope I stay lucky LOL

You literally just said this yesterday. LOL
But that sucks!

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea I guess my luck ran out. Guess it could be a good thing. Now I get a fully built engine that will hopefully hold up to anything LOL Trying to be positive but I still want a drink.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea I guess my luck ran out. Guess it could be a good thing. Now I get a fully built engine that will hopefully hold up to anything LOL Trying to be positive but I still want a drink.

yeah last one that popped, I was messing with duty cycle to get maximum power, I had just been pulled over the night before for doing 120+ in a 45 , that shoulda been my cue. next day I went out on the highway to check bp vs total boost , I had 65boost/72bp and the truck felt SO strong. the next overdrive pull I made... boom. oh well, you knew it was possible, you don't feel like it owed you anything, and now there is liquor for the hangover. at least now you can build it for the good stuff you wanna put on it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
That sucks to hear. Forced upgrades aren't always a bad thing though.... Even if it is the most expensive one you can do :p. I'm nervous every time I get the truck out. I'm sure my day will come soon enough

Diesel23

Reaction score
Nathan wow, suxs to here but sounds like you have it all taken care of and it will work out ,that thing will be crazy !! also congrats on the up coming wedding !!

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks frank. I guess we will see how fun it will be. Yea the wedding is on the 19th in savanna ga. I'm ready to get it over with. Too much stress and money lol

Diesel23

Reaction score
Awesome , yes its going to be an expensive month a WEDDING , XMAS and a MOTOR , oh my !! lol
best of luck my man , ill text you before then anyway

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Not to be a downer but building the hell out of the motor is no guarantee it will hold up. Dumb things like injectors can still ruin your day. :doh:

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well after talking to Morgan, shane, and mike we've got a game plan for the build. Most current comp parts will stay on the truck. Here it goes.

New ford block
R&R rods
Coated, machined, fly cut hd Pistons or forged
Gapless rings
Colt stage 2 cam
New lifters and rocker assembly's
Midwest springs, retainers, and push rods
Midwest stage 3x intake
Rcd oil pan
New oil pump
New water pump
Coolant filter
Ati damper
Head work
Big lungs( rather not release this info yet LOL)

Hoping to take the truck to Morgan sometime in January after we get the wedding done and all that stuff and go from there. Hopefully an all fuel truck that can daily drive and tow, atleast that's our goals. Stay tuned!

Latest posts

Members online