Resurgence of a F100

bluedge8

Reaction score
Hydraulics are matched, if you leave drums in the back, you won't need to touch the proportioning valve. If the master needs to be changed, it has to be for disc/drum preferably correct for the make model.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
So technically, I could just put a booster on it, and reuse my current master? It can't really be that simple, can it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
So the truck has been sitting in the garage untouched since yesterday evening. Looked under it just now and this is what I see. Apparently my tranny leak is low on the case somewhere, below fluid level anyways. Might explain why dude had half a tube of orange rtv on the trans pan. I knew it was leaking before hand...just assumed that was the source. I'll find it this weekend....just depressing to see this much fluid on the floor with it not even running.

460354fbd4af4130cff6cd9a18ffc8ca.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
I don't know fords that well, but it is possible that it is that easy, I'd be headed to the junk yard to have a look see. As far as the trans goes, I would plan on buying a complete different trans, solves possible trans case problems, and I'd be worried about the trans not moving when you first started the truck.

psduser1

Reaction score
Ah, brakekleen and a good a god flashlight, see if you can find the leak. If it's the pan, replace it. If it's something more, aod s are pretty common, and a decent upgrade is pretty reasonable.

6speedsd

Reaction score
A cracked case is about the worst I can think of it being, but seems like if that were the issue, it would have been leaking that bad since day one when I filled it with fluid. It didn't start like that until I drove it to work and back. I'm almost certain it's on the drivers side....I was looking at the passengers side the other day when I worked on my collector and it looked dry. From a quick look, it seems like it's dripping off the front of the pan.

I really hope it's just a bad gasket or something simple. The trans shifts damn near perfect.

mandkole

Reaction score
Is it a C4? Get a cast pan if the stamped one is still there. Check the band adjuster nuts for leakage. They are easy to replace and cheap.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yeah, C4. Been thinking about it a little. I had the dipstick tube out and off the truck while I had it apart, but like an idiot, for some reason I didn't put a new Oring on it when I reinstalled. Really thinking that may be my leak....dripping off the front of the pan, leaking while stationary. A leak there would cause both.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I'm ocd I guess. Once i start a project, I spend every free moment i get trying to finish it. I hate having half done projects scattered around.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Sort of hard to get a video and drive, but how about a quick little run up through the gears.

https://youtu.be/oz0EI6VozOk

Oh, and the tranny leak was the dipstick tube. Wasn't pushed all the way down into the case. Did that, cleaned it up, and no more red stuff dripping.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.