Resurgence of a F100

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Tell me if this is normal....

On a hard acceleration, I get feedback through the accelerator pedal when it shifts. Not alot, but you can definitely feel it sort of "surge" in the pedal, which I'm assuming is coming back through the kick down lever. Is that normal of a C4, or a sign of some issue I don't know about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
that is normal.. my c6 in my old 79 and in my old 77 did the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Good deal. I swear I've been out of this game for far too long. Didn't realize how much I missed the old gasser world. Sticking with that would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than fooling around all this time in the diesel world!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Good deal. I swear I've been out of this game for far too long. Didn't realize how much I missed the old gasser world. Sticking with that would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than fooling around all this time in the diesel world!

That's exactly the reason why I'm getting out of the diesel game and going to the old gasser world!

6speedsd

Reaction score
Decided to tackle the leaking heater core today. Wasn't as simple as I expected. Truck came with factory AC, so all that was in the way. Finally figured out how to move all that out of the way and it got easier. Worst part was the slimey mess from years of coolant in there. Went back together much quicker, and blows good warm heat now.

Keep clicking these little items off and I'll eventually have a complete truck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Probably not. That's what vent windows are for right? Yeah it gets hot as hades around here during the summer, but most of the driving I'll do is open road.

Strokersace

Reaction score
What are you getting into in the gasser world?
Projects like this. Nothing to race and go crazy with, pickup wise. Have a few ideas for some high powered cars, but that's another thread (camaro, charger, continental, etc)!

I've wanted to build a bumpside for years. Old style with modern touches.

I also have my mom's 1st pickup, a 74 f100 longbed. Blue and white. It's what she used to rodeo with back in the 70s. That one is getting a big block ford and a 5spd manual trans.

My father in law has several 57-60s. We plan to put one of those on a crown vic chassis to have an "old" cruiser.

My thoughts are these older pickups/vehicles are already 40, 50, 60 years old and still have a viable place today. Hence this thread. Are these computerized thin sheet metal pickups of today going to have the same nostalgia in 40 plus years? I doubt it. That's why I want to start working on projects that have already lived a long life, only to give them a renewed life to last another 40+ years.

On top of all that, they will be projects that my son and I can work on over time. And his young life will be experiencing a piece of our previous generations history to carry on.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Projects like this. Nothing to race and go crazy with, pickup wise. Have a few ideas for some high powered cars, but that's another thread (camaro, charger, continental, etc)!

I've wanted to build a bumpside for years. Old style with modern touches.

I also have my mom's 1st pickup, a 74 f100 longbed. Blue and white. It's what she used to rodeo with back in the 70s. That one is getting a big block ford and a 5spd manual trans.

My father in law has several 57-60s. We plan to put one of those on a crown vic chassis to have an "old" cruiser.

My thoughts are these older pickups/vehicles are already 40, 50, 60 years old and still have a viable place today. Hence this thread. Are these computerized thin sheet metal pickups of today going to have the same nostalgia in 40 plus years? I doubt it. That's why I want to start working on projects that have already lived a long life, only to give them a renewed life to last another 40+ years.

On top of all that, they will be projects that my son and I can work on over time. And his young life will be experiencing a piece of our previous generations history to carry on.

that my friend, is a bad ass plan! hopefully, I can do that with my nephew!

6speedsd

Reaction score
that my friend, is a bad ass plan! hopefully, I can do that with my nephew!

Agreed! I don't really care for the direction newer trucks have gone/are going. Too much technology wrapped up in thin sheet metal (or aluminum), and plastic. There is no way a newer vehicle will last 40 years like these old F series have. I understand times have changed, and everyone has to have the newest, the latest and greatest, the biggest or most powerful. There's a reason new vehicles cost half as much as some houses. Regardless of generation, drive down the road in a 60/70's truck and see how many heads turn. I've been finding this out first hand, as I can't go anywhere in the 77 without at least one person stopping me....many times it's old timers talking about how they had one like it, or wish they still had one, ect. The wife and I took it on date night last night. Cold, rainy all day, but I had a guy stop me in a parking lot and wanted to talk about it, in the cold and rain.

My original plan was drop beams up front, and maybe a set of 20's. But the more I drive it, the more I'm liking the nostalgic side of it. Seriously considering keeping the height it is now, and sticking with a deep dish rim and fat tire. Sort of old school if you will.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Agreed! I don't really care for the direction newer trucks have gone/are going. Too much technology wrapped up in thin sheet metal (or aluminum), and plastic. There is no way a newer vehicle will last 40 years like these old F series have. I understand times have changed, and everyone has to have the newest, the latest and greatest, the biggest or most powerful. There's a reason new vehicles cost half as much as some houses. Regardless of generation, drive down the road in a 60/70's truck and see how many heads turn. I've been finding this out first hand, as I can't go anywhere in the 77 without at least one person stopping me....many times it's old timers talking about how they had one like it, or wish they still had one, ect. The wife and I took it on date night last night. Cold, rainy all day, but I had a guy stop me in a parking lot and wanted to talk about it, in the cold and rain.

My original plan was drop beams up front, and maybe a set of 20's. But the more I drive it, the more I'm liking the nostalgic side of it. Seriously considering keeping the height it is now, and sticking with a deep dish rim and fat tire. Sort of old school if you will.

that is a great idea! leave it how it was..

6speedsd

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. It's definitely been on my wish list for a lot of years. Finally the stars aligned, pieces fell together, whatever you want to call it, and I was able to make it a reality. I actually drive this thing more then the dually now, and that dually is my girl....well, it was anyways. Lol

Rained all night so no grass getting cut today. Finally got rid of the idiotic useless mirrors and got something practical on it. I'm not really a huge fan of them, as there is no chrome on this truck other than the bumper, but at least I have functioning mirrors now.

7bbfb9d7fceb9c72a5da1b46f576b9f5.jpg

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well since Mother Nature seems to think the ground isn't already saturated enough, I'm stuck at home again today watching it rain. Good news is that brown Santa dropped by yesterday with a box from LMC. New gauge trim and much needed sun visors. Got those installed earlier, and also installed an old Pioneer I've had forever, so now I at least have a functioning radio.

ffbe06467518026c2bd0a98cf2be0c82.jpg
3365cca9f9930557c16510cbb51e4269.jpg

Latest posts

Members online