The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I agree on the I-68 route. Well if you have some extra time in your trip, go the northern route around the bay and I will buy you a beverage of your choice. Couple other guys in the area prob wouldn't mind checkin out your rig either.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
A little update - the motor has been cleaned up, primed, and the first coat of paint slapped on - heads should be done early this week - parts are stockpiling for the details - I ordered the rear driveshaft - I took all the measurements I need to figure out the motion path to design and build some traction bars that won't bind too badly - its just all pushing forward. I figured out why my front sway bar won't work as intended - its been a good weekend. I'll get some pics up in the near future.

I also got upset by all the parts cleaning that I was doing between this truck, my built motor, and other projects coming in and going out of the shop.... so I'm hoping to take delivery of a new blast cabinet this week.... then I can do some more cool detail stuff on this truck and others in the future.

Still a LOT of work to do to make my deadline.... hoping to sandblast the frame later this week.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Heads should be done today, new blast cabinet was delivered to work for "small" parts - I just need to take it home - and I have vacation tomorrow - the plan is to work on the frame/chassis to get to the point of sandblasted and painted tomorrow - I need to beat the weather rolling into the area that will be the remnants of the hurricane. There will still need to be some fab work done on the frame chassis - but its all getting painted with semi-gloss black implement paint - so it won't be too bad to cut and grind on and then repaint areas - it will all just blend in and be pretty tough.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
419953_404711602916890_722519043_n.jpg

Blast cabinet - also picked up some walnut shell and glass bead media. This is going to make things so much better for the little details for all the projects rolling through the shop.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Why walnut shell and glass bead? I just got my cabinet a few weeks ago and the guy recommended that I get the black beauty media for blasting truck parts.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Why walnut shell and glass bead? I just got my cabinet a few weeks ago and the guy recommended that I get the black beauty media for blasting truck parts.

I got it mostly for blasting aluminum, mag, and zinc castings for the moment - engine intakes, valve covers, accessory brackets, carb bodies, etc.... Its not going to see a lot of nasty rusty parts - at least not in the next couple of weeks. I'll get something more aggressive when I get to blasting that kind of parts.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Big thanks to Bryan, Mink, and Ray for lending me a hand today. Lots of motor parts were cleaned and painted, underside of the cab has the Lizzard Skin sound deadening on it, waiting to spray the thermal barrier, the frame has been cleaned up as far as its going to get - just a little cutting and grinding left to do and a single pair of shock mounts on the frame for the rear axle and its ready for paint. The rear end of this chassis is going to be awesome - the batteries, air tank, rear over the frame sway bar, etc all fit together very well out back. Pictures coming tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online