13-16 Spartan tuning

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just a quick note on what I found out today.I call ******diesel tech,and inquired about changing from a SCT product to theirs,for my '15,and was told,the whole truck has to go back to stock,meaning bolt back up the *** and such, otherwise cant be tuned.BUMMER!

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Just a quick note on what I found out today.I call ******diesel tech,and inquired about changing from a SCT product to theirs,for my '15,and was told,the whole truck has to go back to stock,meaning bolt back up the *** and such, otherwise cant be tuned.BUMMER!

Wait what????

jwalk09

Reaction score

well that's convenient

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yeah, that's gonna be a deal breaker.
Is for me,I was ready to pre order today.There is NO WAY I,m putting that on again!I just can't believe that there isn't a way around this.?????I wish someone who knows IE:****** diesel tech can explain

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Maybe there was some mis-communication over the phone concerning returning the SCT programmer itself back to stock, which you will obviously need to do.

As far as the hardware itself, it does not need to be re-installed. You just need to be careful not to try and start the truck with the SCT removed, before ours are installed. We've had people screw that up in the past, end up with confusion and a truck in limp mode, etc.

But as long as it's done properly, there is no need to bolt anything back in place for the swap. I'll clear up any possible mis-understanding on our end.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Maybe there was some mis-communication over the phone concerning returning the SCT programmer itself back to stock, which you will obviously need to do.

As far as the hardware itself, it does not need to be re-installed. You just need to be careful not to try and start the truck with the SCT removed, before ours are installed. We've had people screw that up in the past, end up with confusion and a truck in limp mode, etc.

But as long as it's done properly, there is no need to bolt anything back in place for the swap. I'll clear up any possible mis-understanding on our end.

Thanks for clearing that up!

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up!

No problem.

Sometimes some policies that might get spoken of, or misconstrued, are a function of- how should I say this politely- "lowest common denominator". 99% of users are going to use/install something properly, and 1% will screw it up no matter what.

For example, using a battery charger when flashing. We catch some flack from customers from time to time over being strict about this. But the truth of the matter, is that a few guys have cooked modules by programming with low battery voltage. This will happen when programming with our product, SCT, Ford's own IDS, or any reprogramming device. Bad batteries, leaving the truck sitting with the headlights on, etc, then getting mad at us despite the "I told you so" at the beginning. A healthy truck with a healthy set of batteries won't have any issues, but we have no idea of knowing what the electrical condition of your truck is when providing tech support.

On the 6.4L, it is possible to get the truck in a bit of an electronic "jam" by attempting to run/drive it with hardware disconnected when switching between flash devices. Therefore, our general recommendation is to hook it back up. It's not entirely necessary, but once again we can't predict what the customer will do over the phone that may lead to problems.

If anyone was mistakenly told you needed to re-install hardware on the 6.7L, my apologies- just sent out an email to clear that up. Just keep in mind that a large portion of our instructions exist for the same reason that there is an obnoxious warning on a cup of coffee from McDonald's--- it exists because it's been screwed up in the past.

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No problem.

Sometimes some policies that might get spoken of, or misconstrued, are a function of- how should I say this politely- "lowest common denominator". 99% of users are going to use/install something properly, and 1% will screw it up no matter what.

For example, using a battery charger when flashing. We catch some flack from customers from time to time over being strict about this. But the truth of the matter, is that a few guys have cooked modules by programming with low battery voltage. This will happen when programming with our product, SCT, Ford's own IDS, or any reprogramming device. Bad batteries, leaving the truck sitting with the headlights on, etc, then getting mad at us despite the "I told you so" at the beginning. A healthy truck with a healthy set of batteries won't have any issues, but we have no idea of knowing what the electrical condition of your truck is when providing tech support.

On the 6.4L, it is possible to get the truck in a bit of an electronic "jam" by attempting to run/drive it with hardware disconnected when switching between flash devices. Therefore, our general recommendation is to hook it back up. It's not entirely necessary, but once again we can't predict what the customer will do over the phone that may lead to problems.

If anyone was mistakenly told you needed to re-install hardware on the 6.7L, my apologies- just sent out an email to clear that up. Just keep in mind that a large portion of our instructions exist for the same reason that there is an obnoxious warning on a cup of coffee from McDonald's--- it exists because it's been screwed up in the past.
Sounds good!TY!I will re-call tuesday.I am a repeat customer,my'11 has been tuned by your company since just about new!

dawashi

Reaction score
Are you all going to sell package deals or just programmers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Nice,when do they go on sale?LOL

They are being prepped as we speak to start shipping. However, this batch and several coming in over the next couple of weeks are already sold from our pre-orders. Anyone wanting one would be best advised to at least get on our waiting list.

dawashi

Reaction score
Where is this list you speak of ? I would like to get on said list. Thanks in advance

dawashi

Reaction score
Yeah he just made it sound like there was a list ...but that makes total sense ..I was just trying to buy it all in one place instead of parting each component out thanks again

Latest posts

Members online