13-16 Spartan tuning

redneck1

Reaction score
I heard Gdp released sotf with a switch like Spartaaan. So I'm considering that. Might not seem like a huge deal but I really want a tune that gets rid of the pedal lag. Anyone know if other tuners get rid of that other than Spartaaan?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seemed like all my sct tunes had a little. Spar tan nailed it with the throttle, but I've never tried gdp tunes. I would think they'd be more like spar tan. ALL the tunes I have tried have been better than factory with the throttle pedal!

KCCO

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bad times, PIP just closed its doors Permanently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well that sucks!!
Nice, drove Notnebs truck with QR. acted like a 7.3 with an insane touchy pedal. Didn't Like it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dually has that slight touchy pedal. nothing I worried about. my 6.7 is set up just about exactly like it now that I have that throttle booster I got from you.. love how responsive it is.. when it is cold, it is to touchy though..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Seemed like all my sct tunes had a little. Spar tan nailed it with the throttle, but I've never tried gdp tunes. I would think they'd be more like spar tan. ALL the tunes I have tried have been better than factory with the throttle pedal!

KCCO

Gdp will have the same ironic feeling of HS.

cappa

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what page the link to the 15+ warhammerx file was on. I have been running the sotf QR untill today. Just loaded the sotf warhammer raised shifts, not sure if i am going to like the shift points that high yet. Gonna give it a couple week trial but just wanted to find the original warhammer in case i want to give it a try. I really enjoyed the Qr files, just decided to try the others to see what i like best.

NateF350

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find the Qr series tunes? Are they only for sotf? Would like to compare them and the warhammer x files.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find the Qr series tunes? Are they only for sotf? Would like to compare them and the warhammer x files.

The links are in this thread somewhere. No clue what pages though. My best guess would be around march they came out. The qr tunes are non sotf and there is also a sotf qr tune but I think the name was different. I think I am currently running the Warhammer sotf?

redneck1

Reaction score
The only sotf tunes that show up in my ndash are sotf, sotf smoke limited, sotf warhammer. Maybe the regular sotf tune is qr but I don't think so because I also have level 1 qr tunes by themselves. But I could be wrong too.

KCCO

NateF350

Reaction score
ok, I found the QR, WarhammerX 600, and the WarhammerX SOTF files, they are all Beta files though. Is that right? I cant find the smoke limited files but I'm not to worried about those. My original Race and Race enhanced files are version 1.1, have they updated those ones? Am I still missing some updated tunes somewhere or do I have them all now? I'm just trying to play catch up thanks guys

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The only sotf tunes that show up in my ndash are sotf, sotf smoke limited, sotf warhammer. Maybe the regular sotf tune is qr but I don't think so because I also have level 1 qr tunes by themselves. But I could be wrong too.

KCCO

As I understand it SOTF Warhammer includes the QR stuff.

redneck1

Reaction score
As I understand it SOTF Warhammer includes the QR stuff.

Makes sense. Not that familiar with spar tan tuning setups, is there a database somewhere where I can try different tunes? I know 15-16 are different, but are all 15-16 tunes interchangeable? I'd like to try the earlier enhanced shifting tunes but will it work?

KCCO

redneck1

Reaction score
There is also a warhammerx_raisedshiftpoint beta on page 12 of the warhammerx race file thread

Everyone keeps crowing about this raised shift. Just trying to figure out how high you're talking about. Mine shifts around 2800-3000 light throttle which is plenty for rolling around. Don't mind the high shift points when I floor it, but it's killing my mileage just cruising around. And that's just on the sotf warhammer, just curious what the raised shift was doing.

KCCO

NateF350

Reaction score
Anyone tell me why when I go to load the warhammerX tune into the truck the check mark isnt there to choose that tune to load? I put the QR in the same file and I can pick and load them but not the warhammer. I can see it there just not choose it

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Anyone tell me why when I go to load the warhammerX tune into the truck the check mark isnt there to choose that tune to load? I put the QR in the same file and I can pick and load them but not the warhammer. I can see it there just not choose it

Because your tuner does not have the correct license in it for the sotf. You need to email sparton tech email and explain. Then wait....

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Everyone keeps crowing about this raised shift. Just trying to figure out how high you're talking about. Mine shifts around 2800-3000 light throttle which is plenty for rolling around. Don't mind the high shift points when I floor it, but it's killing my mileage just cruising around. And that's just on the sotf warhammer, just curious what the raised shift was doing.

KCCO

It moves the mph it shifts at, not the rpm. It shifts into 6th at about 54mph instead of 45 or whatever. 80% of my drive to work is in 50mph or lower roads. I love it.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It moves the mph it shifts at, not the rpm. It shifts into 6th at about 54mph instead of 45 or whatever. 80% of my drive to work is in 50mph or lower roads. I love it.
I know it doesn't pertain to my truck but I found that when I click on the tow haul it does this for me. I can have the standard stock shifts or I can click on tow haul and it does the raised mph shifts on its own.. so if that is comparable then that is a great feature for the new trucks and shifting strategies.. I love it. I basically run tow haul all the time just for that reason.. but when it is cold it has some harsh shifting so sometimes I have to let it warm up before I click it on..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

redneck1

Reaction score

O cool, just never noticed but I'm either on field roads at 15-20 or I'm cruising 60-65. But I just find it strange when I take off at 40-50% engine load, I won't hit 6th until 70 unless I back out of it. My converter doesn't lock until about 60 in 4th, but that's just pet peeves of mine.

KCCO

Latest posts

Members online