190's and 68 VGT review thread

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Does this 68mm powermax that you got have the new billet wheel? Also does it whistle like a straight piped '03? Gosh i wish this came out a couple years ago....haha, i just can't afford another turbo right now. Hopefully next year. I'd really like to give this vgt turbo a try on my truck.

Sell your old one it would give you almost all the money there...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Does this 68mm powermax that you got have the new billet wheel? Also does it whistle like a straight piped '03? Gosh i wish this came out a couple years ago....haha, i just can't afford another turbo right now. Hopefully next year. I'd really like to give this vgt turbo a try on my truck.

No I opted for the cast wheel. Can't justify the extra $ for billet when the wheel isn't all THAT big and especialy since its a vgt. I think the difference is only about 10 grams so i cant see that helping spool up as much...and again because its a vgt anyways. Little louder than an 03 straight piped 6.0. Ill upload an idle video in a min...driving bids this week hopefully.

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
With the significant increase the batmo made on a stock charger wouldn't itbe even more on this one? And good info bud, can't wait to see track times for some hp numbers

youngstroker

Reaction score
not computer wise you just have to be carefull with the trans every time you reflash it, it wipes out the memory of the computers so it has to relean the data. so if you reflash it and start racing it, it can hurt your trans. drive it easy for a few miles and you'll be fine.

java

Reaction score
Are you gonna run your truck next weekend in Ennis? If so I can't wait to see it run.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Ill make a few passes on Friday night at test n tune so I can get some numbers. Might get in gamblers on sat but would like to keep the trans alive as long as possible till I.can afford a built unit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.