2nd Annual Rudy's Diesel Track/Dyno Day

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Looks like it's a decent drive (1 hour) from the shop area to Piedmont Dragway. I guess I need to decide whether to book a room close to the track or close to the shop. I enjoyed hanging out at the shop last year on Friday night. Might just say screw it and stay in Durham!

Should be about 40 min from Durham. I'll be in Durham at my brothers house

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Sled pull is confirmed as well at the same location. Lots of manufacturers will be there and we are working to get more. So far MBRP, Edge, SCT Performance, Street Diesel Performance and H&S Performance are confirmed. Lots of other manufacturers will be contributing prizes like last year as well. Working on the food options and the concessions will be open. We will have a lot going on and plenty to see and do. There will be a $10 entry fee to get into the track for Adults. It suck's as I would have rather kept this a free event to get into, but it is necessary to grow this event and take it to the next level and to be able to use their facilities. You guys are the ones who made the event a success last year and we are doing this for you. Help up grow this event bigger and better each year!

We appreciate the hard work! $10 is nothin. Ts was $25 per person for just entry into drag strip last year... Lame

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We will be donating the Highest HP 6.0 PSD a DDP Regulated Return Kit! Can't wait for this year!

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Being over there in the mainland and being able to see so many powerstroke's in one area would be heaven for me. I just love watching this video of the dyno event http://youtu.be/mc0CzYgOmsM .

He did a nice job filming and editing. Cant wait for vid # 2 :evil

Yea, that was my video from last year's event. I'll definitely be at this event with my camera taking video. Already got plans for video # 2. :D

And for people that couldn't go last year, here's what you missed out on: 15,000 Horsepower Worth of Diesels--Rudy's Dyno Day

That plus racing and sled pulling.....oh man. Can't wait.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Cant make it this year because i wont have my licence, damn..... Next year ill be there for sure! Ill probobly be rockin the IDI too LOL. Ill just have to figure out the secrets from the guys that were banned over....there LOL LOL LOL LOL.

But in all seriousness ill definatley make it next year!

cbrown

Reaction score
There are two hotels right down the street from the shop that a lot of people stayed at last year. I stayed at the Quality Inn and it was nice for the price you pay (I think $70 a night). I think the one next to it is a Hilton, so it's obviously a little more expensive. I'm down for whatever.

I stayed at the Hilton last year, obviously nice, and fair price too since Aaron had got a special event discount there. I want to say it was like 90 bucks or something?

Last time I went down there for the weekend I stayed in the Comfort Inn, right behind some other place. Stay away, Aaron laughed and apologized for not warning us after we told him. We slept on top of the comforter fully clothed. Pretty sketchy establishment, but it served its purpose for a few hours, I guess.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
LOL

The Quality Inn wasn't anything like that. Guess we all know to avoid the Comfort Inn now though. Thanks for the heads up!

Reaction score
If you want to stay by the shop, stay at the quality inn or the Hilton. I will give them a call tomorrow to get the group rates. Keep in mind the track is about 45 min away from the shop. We will head out from the shop early Saturday morning.

Trav-O

Reaction score
LOL

The Quality Inn wasn't anything like that. Guess we all know to avoid the Comfort Inn now though. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, for real. Lol.

Bad luck there. The day after I had my truck delivered there, someone ran into my drivers mirror and drove off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.