5.9 cr or 6.7 for conversion?

skav

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a conversion for my 99 and would like to know which motor is the best option.

I already have a twin setup for the 5.9 but if the 6.7 is way better, then I'd consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINK

Reaction score
6.7 with the twins you already have for the 5.9...EFI live that sob. Ditch all the emissions before it goes in..

Jason

Reaction score
What's making you want to swap platforms? You ever get the lift off that truck?? No matter what you put in it, that truck is badass and I'm not a cclb fan!

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
6.7l fo sho' the blocks are stronger in the 6.7l and its capable of making an incredible amount of torque.

me2

Reaction score
I vote for the 6.7. I'm putting one into an 08 myself.

I have a '99 with a 5.9CR and it was good too.

EFI Live is going to make either engine great, but the 6.7 has more potential built in.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
6.7 is a great motor....its torquier than the 5.9 in my experience. Choosing between one or the other is like splitting hairs especially when the thing will be tuned to the nuts.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
What are the hp levels that the 6.7is cracking? I have heard that rods are a must for the 6.7 once you get over 650hp due to aggressive torque spikes at lower rpms.

I don't know about any of that. Im not a CumminGs guy by any stretch. A friend of mine who did a bunch of 6.7 stuff with H&S has pulled down 680 something on fuel without issue. He is beta testing EFI live stuff for the 6.7. I think with that in itsel, it should help keep engines alive. I could be wrong but considering any other companies hottest stuff out there right now, laid over into EFI live looks a tad rough LOL Which is expected. EFI should help refine that stuff a ton.

Latest posts

Members online