5.9 cr or 6.7 for conversion?

me2

Reaction score
Air ride cab, rear suspension etc....good ideas, but not the way you go about doing them, your body lines never lined up in any of your last trucks pics, your cab sat ass up.
By about an inch. Big deal. It sat wherever I wanted it to sit, ie just add or remove air from the bags. I could also have raised the box if I wanted.

You want air ride cab, seats, 18 gears, and high hp, buy a ***ing peterbilt to drag your damn trailer around and stop molesting pickup trucks.
I could say the same thing about guys building drag racers from their 1 tons. Each to their own. At least I'm using it as a... TRUCK !

And for the record, I have no interest in an 18 speed.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
True, you could...and I could too. I have no interest in a 700hp pickup. Why dop tens of thousands of dollars into a 700hp diesel, take it to the track and run low 12's. I'd rather have a 700hp mustang, and run bottom 9's. A diesel pickup should put at the very least 350 at the tires to be somewhat enjoyable for everyday tasks. Anything less is flat out boring, and almost dangerous pulling out in traffic.

Jason

Reaction score
For sake of argument, and to keep the 6.7's going pop on topic. I was at the Kenworth dealer recently, and they had a f650 excab cab and chassis in there, truck had 315 miles on it, came from down south (picked up at dealer and was heading north), with another identical f650 beig piggy backed on it. Truck was towed into kenworth with a windowed block. 6.7 cummins between the fenders, and apparently this was not the first one they've had this happen to in the de-rated mdt setups.

me2

Reaction score
All this windowed 6.7 talk is starting to make me nervous.

I saw a ventilated 3126. Big hill, no exhaust brake, novice driver. Too many downshifts. Its very easy to do with a wide ratio transmission and an overloaded truck.

my79f

Reaction score
All this windowed 6.7 talk is starting to make me nervous.

I saw a ventilated 3126. Big hill, no exhaust brake, novice driver. Too many downshifts. Its very easy to do with a wide ratio transmission and an overloaded truck.

I dislike the 3126 in my pete. I do however enjoy driving the newer trucks with the cummings.

Jason

Reaction score
Newer motors, cummins is where it's at. Well, medium duty and up that is. I've got a 565 isx in my 07 379, that'll make you slap yo mama. It'll embarass a 600 cat with 52k lbs of moo moo's in the wagon.

me2

Reaction score
Just a quick note to say that Cummins has changed the connecting rods in the 6.7.

Not sure when exactly it happened, but but according to Cummins Quickserve, ESN # 57772551 (early 07.5-08 MY, CM2100) had rod part numbers 3971212 whereas ESN # 57883235 (2010 engine, VIN year A, CM2200) has rod part numbers 5257364.

The later rods have a non serviceable "lead free" pressed in wrist pin bushing. The line drawings of the rods show several differences as well.

Cummins has a bulletin out on how to identify the various rods and warns not to interchange any of them within the engine set. Meaning all the rods in an engine need to be the same. I suspect the reason for that is weight differences.

Latest posts

Members online