6.0 arp custom age 625 head studs

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. I don't really get it though... it's not like stud strength has ever really been the issue of blowing headgaskets. No matter what, we can't fix the 4 bolt per cylinder issue at hand. Higher clamping force? What is all this clamping force doing for block distortion???

you should really hone the block with a torque plate any time you increase clamping force,with any head stud...

other than torquing a plate to the block with 625s the honing to see the distorion,theres really no way to know how much these over regular arps will distort the block.

i would speculate that over what the arp 2000 will distort,i cant see these being much worse. (distorting the block more)

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is being done on a built engine, so it would have a torque plate installed and then be honed... Would it not?

you should really hone the block with a torque plate any time you increase clamping force,with any head stud...

other than torquing a plate to the block with 625s the honing to see the distorion,theres really no way to know how much these over regular arps will distort the block.

i would speculate that over what the arp 2000 will distort,i cant see these being much worse. (distorting the block more)

Agreed, it should be done regardless of what is being used. But your average guy doing studs in the driveway over the weekend isn't going to worry about that stuff unfortunately.

It just seems like clamping force was never really the issue here... maybe it was!?

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I dont see clamping force as an issue. Once the heads are truely flat, with factory gaskets theres not many failures with the ARP 2000's.

Obviously for racers the infinite torques will be good when they pull heads every weekend for gaskets and inspection.

SootPowered

Reaction score
I've seen them on the net as low as 1133.00 plus shipping of 21.00 so 1154 to your door. What would be the difference between these and the H11's.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Holy Sh*t Snacks Batman! Almost $1600 for studs alone? I doubt my piddly 450+ rwhp DD would ever warrant those, although I'm sure the guys who run built engines that get torn down fairly often would benefit.

Silverback

Reaction score
These things have done wonders for the cummins crowd...I have no doubt they would make a big difference for keeping HG failures in check even on a street truck.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I thought they were 245Ftlbs before the new lube and it went down to 210ftlbs. I could be wrong though.

SootPowered

Reaction score
So in theory i would have roughly $1500 in some new studs and then another $250 for a new torque wrench to read above 250ftlbs...wow. Just hope i can make enough power for these one day.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So in theory i would have roughly $1500 in some new studs and then another $250 for a new torque wrench to read above 250ftlbs...wow. Just hope i can make enough power for these one day.

the torque wrench i use for final torque was 1000$

i send all 3 of my torque wrenches out once a year for calibrating.

if its accidentally dropped? it gets sent out immediately for recalibration.

SootPowered

Reaction score
do you use the company who made the wrenches to recal or do you send them somewhere else?

Nic

Reaction score
seriously...if trucks are running 1000+hp with no problems with regular arps...whats the big candy coating about these???? proper machining and torque sequence is key to studs anyways..

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Options. Everone loves options.

Someone thats building a very high dollar engine doesnt squak about an extra couple hunderd $ here and there.

They arent needed for your intake,exhaust,and tunes. Truck.

Latest posts

Members online