6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
I got a question. I think i heard the no limit intake does not allow the CCV venting back into the intake. I have the NC Hornet CCV catch can. Do you think it would be ok to run the CCV to the catch can and then just leave the hose off of the catch can that returns back to the intake?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah, im sure it would be fine left off, but i had someone else ask me if i could one would be interested in adding the provision for ccv. i may see if i can find a stainless fitting that will work. stay posted, but either way you'd be fine with it off. i dont put it on because i was trying to encourage people to keep that crap out of their motor.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Either way more than likely i would just leave the return hose off. That would ensure that no more crap would be entering my intake just in case a little oil gets by the catch can. Thanks for the response. :toast:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Either way more than likely i would just leave the return hose off. That would ensure that no more crap would be entering my intake just in case a little oil gets by the catch can. Thanks for the response. :toast:

no problem. i may offer it with a plug and a longer hose at some point just for those who want an easy transition.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I installed mikes CCV reroute kit, but I'm changing it a little by tying it into the exhaust at a 45degree angle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I installed mikes CCV reroute kit, but I'm changing it a little by tying it into the exhaust at a 45degree angle.

make sure that the pipe going in is at a 45 but the end of it is cut parallel to the exhaust pipe. and is only sticking in about 1/8 inch.. if not it will pull way to much vacuum and suck the oil out of the motor.

Motostroker

Reaction score
make sure that the pipe going in is at a 45 but the end of it is cut parallel to the exhaust pipe. and is only sticking in about 1/8 inch.. if not it will pull way to much vacuum and suck the oil out of the motor.

Yup I did my homework to make sure the psi from the exhaust will not pull to much vacuum out the tube. She has a breather, I did this so the blow by coming out the tube would not float around the truck at red lights (I smelt oil just sitting there) now, she's shooting out the exhaust.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok just making sure.. if possible put a vac gauge on it to make sure.. only needs a few lbs of pull at wot... and just barely any off idle..

Last edited:

04hdfatboy

Reaction score

Yea i like the darkhorse CCV kit but since i already have the NC Hornet CCV catch can no use paying for another one. I just wanted to make sure it would be ok to leave the return hose off the catch can. :D

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Bling Bling!

I love this thing and its hands down the best intake available for the 6.4. I just had to post a picture! Thanks again to Mike and Elite for the elbow!

64engine_zps435fde7b.jpg

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Bling Bling!

I love this thing and its hands down the best intake available for the 6.4. I just had to post a picture! Thanks again to Mike and Elite for the elbow!

64engine_zps435fde7b.jpg

thanks !! my own custom elbows will be done in the next few weeks, identicle.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
thanks !! my own custom elbows will be done in the next few weeks, identicle.

Nice! It's a very nice option to have an all rubber elbow connector as it cuts down on all the clamps need and looks cleaner IMO. Keep up the good work! :rockon:

WydOpen

Reaction score
Another satisfied customer!!! Thanks Mike...

Came home from some training and saw this sitting on my doorstep...
dscn2002y.jpg

Installed pics (super easy and quick install)...
dscn2005sw.jpg

dscn2007vc.jpg

dscn2009o.jpg

Need to figure out what I'm going to do with the CCV tube. What is everyone else doing? I'm not looking to go out and spend a lot of money on some of these kits I've been seeing on the forums. Quick, cheap, and easy suggestions?

Again...VERY HAPPY!!! :thumbsup:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Looks awesome man. All of my no limit bling should be here Monday! Sub'd to see what u do with the ccv. I needed to figure that out as well. I was thinking just some 1" heater hose from the stock ccv outlet would be sufficient

WydOpen

Reaction score
Looks awesome man. All of my no limit bling should be here Monday! Sub'd to see what u do with the ccv. I needed to figure that out as well. I was thinking just some 1" heater hose from the stock ccv outlet would be sufficient

Well, just got back from my local Advanced Auto Parts store. Picked up 10' of 1" heater hose, a filter for the end, some zip ties, and a couple of hose clamps. $34 later and I have a CCV reroute kit...

dscn2012q.jpg

Latest posts

Members online