6.4 owner looking for a 4 digit HP number

jdgleason

Reaction score
not butt hurt just funny how everyone thinks they need to spend big money and that you spent over 40k probly? you dont need it period i could put out 1000 hp trucks all day for around 26-30k and they would hold up,,,and that includes transmission

If what you're after is the horsepower number, then yes, I 100% agree with you. Your truck is NASTY at the track, but you can't compare that driveability to Erik's. You just can't. Erik's truck is a BLAST on the street, and he can hook up to a horse trailer and drag horses from California all the way out to see you if he really wanted. 8" of lift and 37's and his truck performed flawlessly and his 5R110 that's been in the truck since last year didn't skip a beat.

Craig, you are the king of horsepower on a budget and you've proven that, but not everybody is after the same thing. Whether or not I'm beating a dead horse, your truck wouldn't perform here the way that it does at home, plain and simple. The same goes for Erik's, but Erik's is still clean and fun to drive up here.

On top of that, anyone that goes to a 4R100 has enough lights on the dash to send a person into an epileptic episode, and has no cruise control (for now anyway). I think it's a little premature to say the 4R is the end all be all as is the single. I'll be the first to say let's cut the bull sh!t. Your setups work for what you designed them for. In turn, our set ups have done everything that we have asked them to do as well. There's more than one way to skin a cat, let's not pretend that there isn't.

It's common knowledge that our compounds were designed with driveability in mind, as we retained VGT and the smaller high pressure chargers. Your setups are geared for all out god awful power that makes numbers no doubt. And for that, my hat is off. Both of the designs work as intended. It's cool that there are options, but not everybody has to agree with both.

The DPC this year was a good display of big singles vs compounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll1eaxzjOTc&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV53xeychrE&feature=plcp

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I would say you could go either way ( MPD Big Single or Elite Compunds ) for turbo, transmission would be the first thing I would do for sure, you could go one of two ways on the fuel system ( duel fueler's or II Dragon pump ), tuning will play a huge roll in the driveability of it.

Personally MPD and Elite have both produced trucks of the caliber your looking for in two different ways, proving that there is more than one way to skin a cat. People (even shop's) will disagree about how to achieve a goal but honestly there is a few different angles you can take, I wouldn't discount any of the advice either shop mentioned has posted for build specs. Good luck with your build.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Excellent way to put it JD :clapping:

If what you're after is the horsepower number, then yes, I 100% agree with you. Your truck is NASTY at the track, but you can't compare that driveability to Erik's. You just can't. Erik's truck is a BLAST on the street, and he can hook up to a horse trailer and drag horses from California all the way out to see you if he really wanted. 8" of lift and 37's and his truck performed flawlessly and his 5R110 that's been in the truck since last year didn't skip a beat.

Craig, you are the king of horsepower on a budget and you've proven that, but not everybody is after the same thing. Whether or not I'm beating a dead horse, your truck wouldn't perform here the way that it does at home, plain and simple. The same goes for Erik's, but Erik's is still clean and fun to drive up here.

On top of that, anyone that goes to a 4R100 has enough lights on the dash to send a person into an epileptic episode, and has no cruise control (for now anyway). I think it's a little premature to say the 4R is the end all be all as is the single. I'll be the first to say let's cut the bull sh!t. Your setups work for what you designed them for. In turn, our set ups have done everything that we have asked them to do as well. There's more than one way to skin a cat, let's not pretend that there isn't.

It's common knowledge that our compounds were designed with driveability in mind, as we retained VGT and the smaller high pressure chargers. Your setups are geared for all out god awful power that makes numbers no doubt. And for that, my hat is off. Both of the designs work as intended. It's cool that there are options, but not everybody has to agree with both.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I didn't realize we sounded like asses commenting on that chevy. It was a turd, I think the only event it lit and didn't pop was the 1/4 mile. He was running a 83mm single and at 6000ft it just doesn't cut it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
You can spend next to nothing on a build, and break it...

You can also spend every red cent you have to build the baddest engine out there...and still break it. (a diesel power challenge competitor comes to mind.)

Trying to build power on a budget isn't gonna work, because sooner or later something does go wrong, and you need to fix it...which takes more money.

Not trying to bash or insult anyone, just trying to explain that in every case it takes money to play. How much power you want, or how fast you wanna go all depends on how fast you can refill your "Play money" bank account.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the golden rule of racing
"He with the most $ goes the fastest, the longest."

Matt

Reaction score
How good is the warranty on a set of high powers? And after I spray enough to hit 1k hp, is it still valid?

jdgleason

Reaction score
How good is the warranty on a set of high powers? And after I spray enough to hit 1k hp, is it still valid?

They've got a 1 year warranty that is going to cover anything that precision screwed up building them.

If you over speed them or something like that, then I wouldn't expect the warranty to be honored.

Matt

Reaction score
So they aren't really a viable 1k hp option? I wonder how Mike C's proven 850 hp compounds would perform at altitude versus Erik's truck.

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So they aren't really a viable 1k hp option? I wonder how Mike C's proven 850 hp compounds would perform at altitude versus Erik's truck.

Won diesel power challenge so it has to be good right?

Sent from my BatmoCharged iPhone

gthorn21

Reaction score
This is the build list I have pretty much made up so far...

S475 Race Single Turbo Kit
4R100 Built Trans
100% Injector Nozzles
Dual Fueler Kit
ARP Head Studs
Stage 2 Low Pressure Fuel System
Stage 2 Ported Fuel Rails
Billet Cam with Solid Lifters
EDE Ported Heads with Oversized Valves and Stage 3 Valvetrain
Chromoly Pushrods
Billet Flexplate SFI

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If gated right high powers shouldn't be overspeed. I think eriks truck only made 70 psi of back pressure on spray for the Dpc. And precision is honest with their warranties and has actually warrantied some they shouldn't have.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm going to recommend at least shaving the lip of the piston down a bit while the heads are off

Latest posts

Members online