6.4L Tune Release 3.02

Jhaddox

Reaction score
What the H happened to free. Why would you advertise it as free then if it is not going to be. I should of just got a Spartan to start off with. Thats what this is coming down to $$$ wise

If you had to pay for something unforeseen in your business to update the tuning would you still give it for free? That stuff costs money Eric isn't a huge corporation.

And the only part that would have been free was an update from 3.01 to 3.02...not all the updates were free

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3brorce

Reaction score
It should have never been advertised as being free. They should of just held off this thread until the release was in sight. In my business, I am not going to advertise something, or quote something, then go against my word. I dont want to sound like a di** at all but the planning of going about this update was not that great. Its been what 6 months since this was planned to be released. That is why EFI Live doesnt give release dates til they actually release it

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
If Eric did it that way you'd all be bitching and moaning about how you want a date

3.02 was planned...things happened...that's why 3.03 is here now

And I am in no way speaking for innovative but sorry I don't see it your way...Eric is one of the most stand up guys in the industry

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
I know that. See it everyday with EFI Live. I know Eric is a good guy man. Now he is going to have guys bitching about the $200 they are going to have to spend on a update that was supposed to be free. Just saying

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks like we need to rewind this thread about 4 months or so, then IDP could say sorry, but 3.02 won't be worth releasing due to factors uncontrollable by IDP. Then everybody would be let down gently, but with anticipation of better tunes on the horizon that need to be paid for. Then we could watch for results and feedback from the fist guys running it, and decide it's either worth it or not for each of us on a personal level. My programmer is there now, and with any luck, it will come back to me with the agreement made when I sent it off. Whatever the outcome, I will be giving feedback from my experience.

BFT

Reaction score
I would give you guys what you didn't pay for which is the 3.02. If you want the 3.03 the it's gunna cost youLOL

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry for not responding sooner, just trying to get all this stuff figured out.

For those who have the generic programs, it's $399 to ugprade.

For IDP 2.x, it's $299 to upgrade.

For IDP 3.x, it's $199 to ugprade.

3.03 has all of the engine tunes revised for smoothness, mileage, and power. As well as a new trans tune that's dialed in for street or race. The lockup works really well for power and mileage.

The pricing structure covers the licensing and labor involved with getting the ugprade ready. We use multiple software packages and it takes us about an hour to prepare each device and then test it.

Hopefully the pricing seems fair, it was an effort to prepare all of the programs for each code. It's not a mandatory upgrade.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yep, and I didnt see in there anywhere that Eric was forcing anyone to upgrade and pay. So no one has room to fuss

Latest posts

Members online