6.4L Tune Release 3.02

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
The revision is about one week behind schedule. I had to finish up some new 6.7 tuning and then I'll continue the 6.4 revision next week.

We've added a ton of new updates to our emailed tuning software, it's been a busy last few months. I'm now able to email the custom high power tunes and make similar power numbers as the pre-programmed. There are still minor differences, so the tuning style is slightly different.

Thanks!

3brorce

Reaction score
You would recommend still sending them in for the free update though correct instead of emailing the tunes out?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Yes, there's more flexibility with options on the preprogrammed.

Eric rocks :bowfast:
This is why I stick w/ IDP, working to stay on top of the game and having the best service!
Eric and his crew always get things taken care of! Will have to get the new updates to complement some new tires and tracbars :D

jdgleason

Reaction score
So when will be the earliest I should send my tuner in for an update? I have 3.01, so what process do I need to follow to send it in?

Wayne

Reaction score
As a testament to the quality of tunes, Erik Clausen's truck ran every DPC event on Xtreme Race 3.01. Should be great to see how much better 3.02 is. I'd love less smoke on the bottom end up here at 5800 ft.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Don't know how much Eric wants me to relay bout the Xtreme X. but I'll just say-it's way meaner, and cleaner than xrace. and I would def say studded only. :evil:

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

BFT

Reaction score
FWIW. I emailed innovative and was told to return the truck stock before sending in my LW. I don't know if it's a precaution or what not, just letting everyone know what I was told is email.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Interesting, he told me to return to stock when I get it back. Then go from there.

Is he done with the revisions so we can send them in?

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i was told return to stock before livewire is ever sent in from Eric via phone. he said the updating sometimes eff's with the stock file. he said i could risk and not return to stock since i couldnt be without a vehicle. so i didnt return at all LOL. worked for me, i wouldnt advise it though

gman1

Reaction score
Interesting, he told me to return to stock when I get it back. Then go from there.

Is he done with the revisions so we can send them in?

Eric told me today it would be about 2 more weeks until the newest tunes are ready.

BFT

Reaction score
i was told return to stock before livewire is ever sent in from Eric via phone. he said the updating sometimes eff's with the stock file. he said i could risk and not return to stock since i couldnt be without a vehicle. so i didnt return at all LOL. worked for me, i wouldnt advise it though

Yeah, I'm sure most of us are past the point of no return for going back to stockLOL

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Any more news on the 3.02 update release date?

We decided to incorporate a few more changes, so it's taking a little longer. Some changes are higher rev limiter for the high power trucks, adjusting some options for aftermarket hard parts, incorporate new flashes from Ford, etc.

Hoping to test it with the new changes next week.

Thanks!

strokin20

Reaction score
I've got the 3.01 update now. Is there any way I could pay the $100 update fee and have you email me the extreme x tune till all the updates are ready? Reason I ask is I'll be leaving next week and won be able to mail in my tuner for a while.

Latest posts