6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
QUOTE=madman1234509;1189891]Was it mentioned on what you figured was caused the engine failures? Really interested to hear what you guys figured out.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to let this engine settle in and see where it ends up before I open my big fat mouth about our speculation...

So far it has more "dan miles" on it than the other two so I'm very confidant we nailed it.

Nitrous pulls anyone???

20150322_120639_zpsojnjvnxe.jpg

madman1234509

Reaction score
Haha I like that.... "Dan Miles". Cool well I'm glad it seems to be running well so far. Looking forward to hearing what your guys thoughts on it were.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, here's to a safe phase 2 of the engine break-in, and bringing my trailer back in 1 piece tomorrow.:toast: Twin Falls to St. George pulling a big load of garbage on the stock tune aught to seat the rings. Too bad we didn't make the time to recharge the a/c :pointlaugh:
IMG_20150322_154012122_HDR.jpg

RedRice589

Reaction score
Well, here's to a safe phase 2 of the engine break-in, and bringing my trailer back in 1 piece tomorrow.:toast: Twin Falls to St. George pulling a big load of garbage on the stock tune aught to seat the rings. Too bad we didn't make the time to recharge the a/c :pointlaugh:
IMG_20150322_154012122_HDR.jpg

I'd be charging the a.c. Before I go any farther lol

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm told that will come off very soon and stay off with the cracked windshield being replaced very soon. We were in such a time crunch to get him on the road, there's still sticker residue all over the back window and side windows from the challenge. I would have pulled them off while waiting for my machinist, but some people are funny about stickers, and I decided not to offer until "hey Wayne, would you mind helping me pull all these retarded stickers off, so the truck doesn't look so dumb" came into play.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You think that's a priority? Lol.

As Wayne said. There was down time on this build. However as he also said, not his place to just do it. But it would have been off the day it was loaded on the trailer to go home if it were me. I don't even think lavon's sticker made it home.

swinky

Reaction score
As Wayne said. There was down time on this build. However as he also said, not his place to just do it. But it would have been off the day it was loaded on the trailer to go home if it were me. I don't even think lavon's sticker made it home.
Shut the **** up you stupid retard.

The fact you're commenting on anything that has to do with dpc blows my mind.

Dan

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I'm sure I'll get a sec to peel the rest as well as clean the truck but it was crunch time as my schedule was way tighter than we planned haha

so I'm climbing in through all these "hills" on the way into salt lake city, truck isn't missing a beat! Tows beautiful!! Im so impresed with how these turbos preforn they just happily sing away! Turbo sizing? Nailed it!!

Oh and a little patato photo

20150322_170347_zpszvqbsr5j.jpg

thanks the final push to get the truck done and for the use of the trailer Wayne!!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I'm sure I'll get a sec to peel the rest as well as clean the truck but it was crunch time as my schedule was way tighter than we planned haha

so I'm climbing in through all these "hills" on the way into salt lake city, truck isn't missing a beat! Tows beautiful!! Im so impresed with how these turbos preforn they just happily sing away! Turbo sizing? Nailed it!!

Oh and a little patato photo

20150322_170347_zpszvqbsr5j.jpg

thanks the final push to get the truck done and for the use of the trailer Wayne!!!

where did you mount the aux oil cooler? I haven't seen over 190* yet with my filled block .

Wayne

Reaction score
No aux. Oil cooler for now. Just a new stock one with no block fill. She's just regulated by the coolant thermostats. He got the fancy oil pan mount bracket, and pulled the plug. I believe something was said about not spending more money on unnecessary parts until after some seat time to justify it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No aux. Oil cooler for now. Just a new stock one with no block fill. She's just regulated by the coolant thermostats. He got the fancy oil pan mount bracket, and pulled the plug. I believe something was said about not spending more money on unnecessary parts until after some seat time to justify it.

I don't think its necessary at all if the block isn't filled.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah. If he ends up struggling with oil temps, we'll revisit it. After having a good look at the water jackets, I struggle to understand why anyone would fill a block on a 6.7 without first uncovering a weak link fixable by it. I don't see it having any measurable improvement in bottom end strength where it matters. On that note, sorry Kaleb for recommending it on your motor. I wish I educated myself on the matter before the fact. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have much negative effect on practical use for how you use it at least. In your situation Mike, it seems like it doesn't matter one way or the other on block fill due to the remote oil cooler. Both of you guys' trucks continue to impress me. Are either of you having issues with keeping the coolant temp under control, or running the fan clutch excessively?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah. If he ends up struggling with oil temps, we'll revisit it. After having a good look at the water jackets, I struggle to understand why anyone would fill a block on a 6.7 without first uncovering a weak link fixable by it. I don't see it having any measurable improvement in bottom end strength where it matters. On that note, sorry Kaleb for recommending it on your motor. I wish I educated myself on the matter before the fact. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have much negative effect on practical use for how you use it at least. In your situation Mike, it seems like it doesn't matter one way or the other on block fill due to the remote oil cooler. Both of you guys' trucks continue to impress me. Are either of you having issues with keeping the coolant temp under control, or running the fan clutch excessively?

my fan has never run since I dropped the motor in. craig and I both thought it a great idea to fill the block . cgi is not cast iron.

Wayne

Reaction score
I don't say that to pick a fight or say anybody made a bad decision by filling theirs. I'm not looking for anyone to justify their decision to me or anybody else here. I do, however, welcome proof that hard blok makes a positive difference in the bottom of the block. Call the last post just thinking out loud to some extent.

Latest posts

Members online