6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't say that to pick a fight or say anybody made a bad decision by filling theirs. I'm not looking for anyone to justify their decision to me or anybody else here. I do, however, welcome proof that hard blok makes a positive difference in the bottom of the block. Call the last post just thinking out loud to some extent.

I really don't care. mine makes big power and runs. no complaints here.

but if you wonder why now, why would you have advised kaleb ? did you build his motor , or have a say in the build ?

Dan

Reaction score
What size tires/gears are you running. I'd love to 2200rpm at 80 mph in 6th gear.

38x15.5rwith 4.30 gears.. keeps the chargers happy!

Regarding oil temps, I peaked out at 215*f @85mph up one of thos climbs south of salt lake city, no enginefan came on so for me the extra flow to the oil cooler through the non filled block will do the trick

jbair14

Reaction score
Not to derail but I've seen up to 246* EOT when my '15 was stock towing over the passes in Colorado. I was extremely worried about this and talked to Ford and they noted it was normal. What are you doing to get lower oil temps?

Wayne

Reaction score
I really don't care. mine makes big power and runs. no complaints here.

but if you wonder why now, why would you have advised kaleb ? did you build his motor , or have a say in the build ?

I recommended it to him because my boss at the time said it was a good idea, that it would help strengthen the block, and needed to be done. I was the sales guy. I went along with it because I saw how it helped in other applications. At that point, I had not yet looked at the water jackets myself. After seeing it myself, I have formed another opinion. If I see a block break near the water jacket area, or definitive signs of "block flex" causing problems that could be alleviated by filling the jackets then that opinion could be reversed. This falls into the same category imo as bed plate studs for a 6.0 and 6.4. Does it cause any real problems having it done? not for most people. I have yet to see a need though.

It's a tough call for a lot of people in a situation building a big fancy motor. You don't want to cut any corners, and make sure all your bases are covered to give it the best chance of surviving the abuse you have in mind, so you check the box. "Yeah, I want that because you said it would help, and I don't want to need another." For some people, it's no big deal. It costs a little more money for the potential upgrade, and the potential negative effects are worth the trade-off. Maybe Kaleb's cool with that. I hope so. It's great that you are. Anyway, no big deal either way. Just shop talk.

higherlife

Reaction score
Not to derail but I've seen up to 246* EOT when my '15 was stock towing over the passes in Colorado. I was extremely worried about this and talked to Ford and they noted it was normal. What are you doing to get lower oil temps?

depends on what oil you are using.

Dan

Reaction score
20150323_103122_zpsbwea4uci.jpg

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Good points Wayne. My 15 is my daily driver and tow rig. I would not fill my block......

That being said, it has enough power in stock mode to tow my 41 ft Warrior up a 7% grade at whatever speed I desire.:D

ChattyCathy, where the heck were you guys this past weekend? Not racing this year?:(

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Good points Wayne. My 15 is my daily driver and tow rig. I would not fill my block......

That being said, it has enough power in stock mode to tow my 41 ft Warrior up a 7% grade at whatever speed I desire.:D

ChattyCathy, where the heck were you guys this past weekend? Not racing this year?:(

Good question... I wasn't going either way, been busy with other stuff lately.

Wayne

Reaction score
You finally have it in the right spot.

Dan's truck is a great platform for them to work with to refine the big turbo, twin pump, big injector truck tuning they offer through the motorsports division. This will be a win for anybody with a similar setup (including just a big non-vgt single) wanting to run H&S tunes. Looking forward to see how they improve on already great drivability for such a big turbo setup the live tuning will offer compared to the generic files we had in it for initial break-in this round. :jammin:

pog

Reaction score
you gonna bring that thru bc or somewhere thru an alberta border?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.