6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah hey thanks for sharing! I forgot to do an update here, been a busy couple weeks! Big thanks to you and Middlekauff Ford for taking care of me with the t case! That was more than unreal to get me in and out same day and back on the road!!!

Fass pump is off being shipped back to fass, and see what happens there... Hoping for a warranty repair... In the main time I picked up another fass pump because it's the fastest cheapest easiest way to get the truck back on the road, until I can afford a h&s low pressure system

Tranny needs help. Hahaha

i went with hs low pressure, never skipped a beat so far.

Dan

Reaction score
werd was there are issues with the turbo kit and it needed alot of love before they were gonna mess with it.

Yeah turbo kit is literally falling apart... So yeah... Have to make up my mind what's going to happen there.

dual stockers may be the ticket then!

what kind of a tune is the truck running right now? are the turbos sized well for dd'ing?

I'm running 1650 pulse tune and trans isn't liking it, gunna look into getting a tranny tune that'll bump pressures so it might hold for a little longer other that that....

I can help your Trans.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! Hahaha I'm sure we'll be talking soon

I haven't been keeping up with the whole 6r situation... Is there billet converters available yet?

i went with hs low pressure, never skipped a beat so far.

That makes the decision for me! Hey is it a fairly loud pump? Can the pump be heard over the exhaust note?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah turbo kit is literally falling apart... So yeah... Have to make up my mind what's going to happen there.

I'm running 1650 pulse tune and trans isn't liking it, gunna look into getting a tranny tune that'll bump pressures so it might hold for a little longer other that that....

This! Hahaha I'm sure we'll be talking soon

I haven't been keeping up with the whole 6r situation... Is there billet converters available yet?

That makes the decision for me! Hey is it a fairly loud pump? Can the pump be heard over the exhaust note?

cant hear it at all. its not like a fass.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
K good

My goodness that fass is annoying

My buddy has a 220 gph on his cummins running lower pressure and the pump is nice and quiet..

Mine at 55 psi could be heard on the expressway in my truck with a non vgt turbo at 2500 rpm with a stack behind my head... The fass pumps just can't handle the pressures for whatever reason.

Dan

Reaction score
My buddy has a 220 gph on his cummins running lower pressure and the pump is nice and quiet..

Mine at 55 psi could be heard on the expressway in my truck with a non vgt turbo at 2500 rpm with a stack behind my head... The fass pumps just can't handle the pressures for whatever reason.

Yeah this is a thing... It defiantly takes away from the grumble out the exhaust!!!

I'm very looking forward to the h&s unit in my future

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I hear nothing but FASS horror stories... I am glad I was talked into steering clear of them. It's good to hear she is doing well Dan! I'm glad you are getting to enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
My walbro pumps are nice and quiet, Only time I can hear them is key on engine off. Believe my buddy runs higher pressure on his 5.9 and they are still very quiet, he wouldn't run them if they weren't. GSL392

Dan

Reaction score
Just a little update, I got the new fass on, back up and running, inlet to the pump with the new pump (grey instead of blue) is 5/8 hose instead of the old half inch, as well as fuel water separator is a significantly bigger filter... Which would be on the inlet side of the pump... I wonder if the old pump was cavitating causing the excessive noise. This one is dead quiet, cannot hear it above the engine... So that's how that went

Going to load a tranny tune from Craig in this afternoon see if we can get that tranny to hold for now... Feels good to get back behind that wheel

16362846-7E7B-4D6B-8AE4-32F3D6DB37DC_zpsj7j7wvnn.jpg

A3D3FEDA-CA17-46D5-BF13-832CB836595E_zpsnuybhlhl.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.