6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah the bugs are quite a thing! Oh well they get cleaned off on my monthly car wash haha

So I put in a 5" block under my rear leafs to get rid of the squat in the back end... I can't decide what's worse, the 3" squat or the 2" rake... Hahaha either way I'm not quite happy with where it's sitting right now so I feel like I'm going to pull the blocks out tonight and put in 1 1/2 blocks so it'll squat 1 1/2 in the back... I hate the back up, makes the tires look too small for the truck and there's not much yolk left in the t case... Haha

Alberta problems! Hahaha

87059543-A01C-4A14-9A27-5867D5EBAFC6_zpsmybijd35.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just put a 3" block in so the truck sets dead level. That would look best if you don't like the front lower a little bit. A truck with the rear lower just looks wrong for some reason. Like it can't even hold its on weight up going down the road.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Naw I got rid of those garbage projector headlights and put in some factory ones for now... Might consider doing something with them in the future but for now I'm just really happy to be able to actually see the road at night!!!
Theretrofitsource.com sells brackets to make putting morimoto projectors and hids in those cheap lights pretty easy. Just got doing mine and it was worth every penny!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Theretrofitsource.com sells brackets to make putting morimoto projectors and hids in those cheap lights pretty easy. Just got doing mine and it was worth every penny!

I'm putting projectors in stock housing bc I'm tired of dicking with LEDs and cheap HIDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I'm putting projectors in stock housing bc I'm tired of dicking with LEDs and cheap HIDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya, i started out with cheap hids, not bad but they blind people so i bought some Spyder brand projector headlights, well the light output SUCKED so i got Morimoto hids for them, still majorly sucked so i went ahead and ordered mini H1 projectors and retroquick brackets so the install was a snap! Once i got the lenses off that is, turns out the lights were sealed with permaseal instead of butyl and i ended up having to go to a professional installer were he fought them like crazy to get them apart. I put the projectors in amd resealed them myself. uploadfromtaptalk1434928438235.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah thanks guys!!! I'll look into that busted knuckles, see if I can't find some sorta setup that's bright but not overly annoying... I have 2 sets of stock lenses so I can totally screw one up and still be good! Hahaha see what I come up with later on!

And ok so for the rake/ lean I put that 1 1/2 block in and it sits just where I want it... I fell like the picture hardly does it justtice where the 5"block was in... The back was way too high. So where it sits now, if I measure off of the rocker panel body line the back is lower 1/4" which isn't as gay as 10" lift in the front and stock in the back hahaha

Before:
75791BFD-82BE-46BC-93B9-53539ED9F840_zpsbdbirfqj.jpg

After:
9FDB1BE9-EEE6-4F81-8C84-BB9208884988_zpsoprang4d.jpg

766E6DF9-EF19-4EF4-B141-F5C7DE49A810_zps5nhairpz.jpg

Now I just need to get the drive line lengthened... T case needs more shaft

Latest posts

Members online