6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah kid offered to buy last summer I accepted he never came through with money, so that's where that ended... I definatly won't be back in Denver nor will numb nuts with my truck. And yep it sure did, spun rod bearings exactly the same as it did in Denver last year. Blame it on crank flex or claim the missing lower fan shroud is the cause or claim I flat out abuse my truck but this time the cause of my bad luck with bearings is real obvious. It's quite interesting actually! Hahaha

5th engines the charm!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yeah kid offered to buy last summer I accepted he never came through with money, so that's where that ended... I definatly won't be back in Denver nor will numb nuts with my truck. And yep it sure did, spun rod bearings exactly the same as it did in Denver last year. Blame it on crank flex or claim the missing lower fan shroud is the cause or claim I flat out abuse my truck but this time the cause of my bad luck with bearings is real obvious. It's quite interesting actually! Hahaha

5th engines the charm!
Man that sucks to hear! Whats the plan now?

Dan

Reaction score
Think what you want 97polestroker350

Waynes a beauty helping out way more than he should even though my bearing issues are unrelated to his work on my truck!

Last two spun rod bearing engines came from elite.

trugertha

Reaction score
That sucks Dan. Hopefully you can get it all figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Think what you want 97polestroker350

Waynes a beauty helping out way more than he should even though my bearing issues are unrelated to his work on my truck!

Last two spun rod bearing engines came from elite.

You have only had 1 engine from elite I thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Took me seeing everything in person to figure out exactly what was going on, but we got it figured out this go around.

I'd love to wait for main studs but I won't for two reasons. 1) Waiting blows 2) the issue was never with the main bearings despite what i was lead to believe so main studs are irrelivent.

This is the engine that tadd shipped out unassembled.

driver operation, nitrous, fan shrouds cooling system crank flex etc etc all that stuff that fingers were pointed at have nothing to do with my cause of failure. And that's all I'm saying about that.

Got the same amount of run time out of this engine as the last one 2 days or so.

This time it'll last longer

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
But.. Crank flex being a known issue, and the lack of bedplate, girdle, main studs doesn't bother you at all.

I'm full aware of waiting sucks, my 6,000 mile truck has been apart since June 28, of 2013...

I just look at is as.. This could fail at our power level, and most likely will.. I just feel like it's worth addressing, then again, I was brought up with the mentality of better safe than sorry.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
But.. Crank flex being a known issue, and the lack of bedplate, girdle, main studs doesn't bother you at all.

I'm full aware of waiting sucks, my 6,000 mile truck has been apart since June 28, of 2013...

I just look at is as.. This could fail at our power level, and most likely will.. I just feel like it's worth addressing, then again, I was brought up with the mentality of better safe than sorry.

it could very well be a high torque issue. I don't think these blocks like all that . but then again craig hasn't had any of these issues.

Latest posts

Members online