7 Years in a Ford - New truck - Planning My Build

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Mark your positive the oil cooler rebuild kit has the filter housing o-ring - was trying to remember as I put the list together this AM but was not sure if I had that right and could not find a detailed description on all the gaskets included with that kit

yes it does.

Rob D

Reaction score
Edge finally converted and literally just put Atlas 40 in my truck. Only took her around the block but def. can notice a better throttle response from stop. Will report back on how it helps out with my rough cold starts and MPG. Last week I averaged 16.7 driving like a granny bc of the blown EGR...didn't let her get over 2k RPM. Will drive with same habits with the new FICM tune as I am waiting on parts before I can fix the EGR.

Also for anyone looking to convert their Edge - this process was very easy, as long as you have a basic understanding of computers you would have no problems.

Rob D

Reaction score
If you have an edge evolution, PHP can send you software to convert it into their gryphon programmer. This way you do not have to wait for a mail to you programmer or have to tie up money on the deposit until they get the mailed out unit back. Also seeing as how you will then own a programmer you can change files around whenever you want instead of having to wait for another programmer to get sent out to you etc.

Rob D

Reaction score
Got some work done over the weekend. Almost ready for the manifold to come off. EGR up pipe sucks with the cab down, but I am sure it's mostly due to it being my first time attempting it. Waiting on parts to arrive - really hoping when she gets put back together the HG weren't compromised from the EGR failure. Would suck to do all this work to find out it needs to go in for a gasket job anyway lol. Oh well having fun wrenching on her regardless.

8d9884b7-5f64-4498-bfd7-7e44b6a12402.jpg

Rob D

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'll tell ya at first I was thinking about doing wheels and tires etc...maybe as I am getting older I am appreciating the beauty in leaving it stock. Pics really do not do it any justice. Love the way she sits stock. Driving it only a couple times a week as I have a commuter car...maybe a total of 10 times to my office in the city. Had a storm a couple weeks ago, after I got done cleaning the salt off her I realized some jerk did the below - no note left or anything. People suck, truck didn't have a single scratch on her prior.

Before:

winter1.jpg

winter2.jpg

And after the SOB smacked it:

jerk.jpg

:mad:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks. Uggg. :(

Factory wheels look great on those trucks. Maybe just a step up in tire size on factory wheels?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
That is brutal :( truck seemed like it was MINT. I agree on maybe leveled and bigger tires on factory wheels. That is such a clean look. Like an OEM + look.

Rob D

Reaction score
At most AF 20 x ?s (stuck on if I like the clean look of the 10s or aggressive look if the 12s) with the Nitto 420s end up being close to a 33". ALA and traction bars will happen before the wheels though. Want this to be more a street truck, think it fits the Harley theme best. If I leveled I would go down not up

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pics... but looks like most of that should come off with some rubbing compound. Probably some scratches still, but would make it look better until it is repaired.

Rob D

Reaction score
Made more progress tonight. Manifold off and everything rough cleaned:

image-6.jpg

Pretty mad at myself - didn't unclip all the injectors and ended up cracking the plastic female clip from the rocker box so will have to remove valve cover. A friend told me you can remove this section and swap out with another injectors plastic. Anyone know exactly how to do this? Pic below:

image-7.jpg

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Man that sucks on the bumper, F'in low life could have atleast left a note .. But on a good note, my 07 did the same thing pretty much and I did just the egr cooler at the time couldn't do the whole job as it was Just right after Id bought the truck .. But it turned out ok, hg held up and ended up running a sct with custom tunes, same exhaust you have and s&b intake an they still head up good! Maybe I just got lucky but it had way more miles than yours too like 211k .. So don't worry too much, hell I was in same boat Hopeing like Hell I wasnt gonna have to take it all back right back apart lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob D

Reaction score
Thanks Greg - going to give it a whirl myself first. Will get in touch if I end up having any problems.

On another note - super pumped. Nate sent me pics of the deleted and ported manifold back from powder coating. Looks awesome can't wait to get this in the mail :D

image-8.jpg

image-9.jpg

Last edited:

Rob D

Reaction score
More progress made yesterday. Pics below. Plan on using the 6an fitting from summit for the oil test port adapter fitting to monitor EOP.

image-10.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-1.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Maybe take the wheels to a painter and have the middle bumped out part of each spoke matched to the blue. That would look sweet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.