700 hp goal build

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Those are irates for the break in period. Will be running Dynoprovens custom competition springs when they install the ported heads.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
A rear wheel dyno is a great tool to tune with. So if you plan on getting the truck live tuned that is probably what they will use but calculating your horsepower from track times will be more accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Planned on dyno and track times for rear wheel but an engine dyno was offered. Thought it would be fun to see how much it put down.

psduser1

Reaction score
Planned on dyno and track times for rear wheel but an engine dyno was offered. Thought it would be fun to see how much it put down.

Engine dynos are much more accurate than wheel dynos.
Sometimes painfully so.

I wouldn't hesitate to take the offered opportunity, and derate your hp 15-20% at the tire. It'll be close, and if you get a couple of timeslips, you'll have a very accurate hp number, between the three.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I ended up packaging everything up and took it down to Dynoproven overnight. Said they should be able to start on it around the 1st of the year. Will be doing engine dyno, rear wheel dyno and 1/8th mile track throughout the process to back up all numbers

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I ended up packaging everything up and took it down to Dynoproven overnight. Said they should be able to start on it around the 1st of the year. Will be doing engine dyno, rear wheel dyno and 1/8th mile track throughout the process to back up all numbers
nice!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TARM

Reaction score
Powerjoke,

Whos headers will you be using or are you going stock iron? With porting Dave Swamps has confirmed you will pick up HP with headers. Just wonder'n as I did not see it mentioned

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Depending on how funds hold up I will be going with headers provided by DynoProven. May have to go stock based on how everything checks out. They are going to go through my tranny etc to make sure everything will be up to par.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Headers for 7.3s have been out for a while. Irate makes a set and you can get a set through swamps or dynoproven or several other places

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Yep I have had a set for a year now built by BAE. On my setup they helped with spool up and gave the truck a deeper tone

samgoto96

Reaction score
I also have a set of headers for my 7.3. I do not have the motor all of the way back together with the twin turbo setup so I do not have any Driving Experience on them yet. From my understanding they are all made by BAE,

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

samgoto96

Reaction score
Just marketed by multiple companies. I personally got mine from Carson Stauffer diesel and he has a set on his daily driver and had very positive reviews on them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.