700 hp goal build

sootie

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the highest RWHP fuel only HEUI 7.3 is, I don't think anyone has every hit 900 unless they sprayed it.

It's very common to see high 600's on 350/200's, I wouldn't be surprised if someone is in the 700's on fuel, I would be skeptical on 800, but if someone showed a track proven 800+ compound or triple setup I would order turbos and start fabing today.

Zach Pierce and Brian Jelich must have some pretty damn good fuel only numbers...

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the highest RWHP fuel only HEUI 7.3 is, I don't think anyone has every hit 900 unless they sprayed it.

It's very common to see high 600's on 350/200's, I wouldn't be surprised if someone is in the 700's on fuel, I would be skeptical on 800, but if someone showed a track proven 800+ compound or triple setup I would order turbos and start fabing today.

Clearly you don't get out much or keep up to date cause that number has been reached and surpassed. Zack pierce Brian jelich Scott Morris all have 7.3 that make over 1000. And there are others but that is just a few to name. You need to go back and do some reading. 7.3 aren't crappy hp makers anymore there has been new developments in fueling and tuning to make them true game players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emev0l

Reaction score
Clearly you don't get out much or keep up to date cause that number has been reached and surpassed. Zack pierce Brian jelich Scott Morris all have 7.3 that make over 1000. And there are others but that is just a few to name. You need to go back and do some reading. 7.3 aren't crappy hp makers anymore there has been new developments in fueling and tuning to make them true game players.

Fuel only, no nitrous, can you point me in the direction of their setups and dyno sheets please?

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I can tell you right now these guys only use a dyno as a tuning tool because that's all it is. Real hp comes from the weight of the truck and track times. The actual power they are putting to the ground.

cbf9703

Reaction score

I clearly don't get out much either. Brian used to spray the snot out of his trucks and I've apparently missed his fuel only build.

Scott is an awesome guy. We've had convos about his setup, but I still missed the verified over 1000 rwhp on fuel only. :shrug:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
Back to your 700hp build... I know I read it already butttt I still would like to ask - why the heo would you want 700hp dd? I can see a tuner from a manageable 350-400hp and switches to 700 capable when you wanna do some hogging but chit 350-400 can do some real hogging - 40,000lbs easy.

I honestly can't see the 4r100 handling 700hp on a DD (if you romp on it daily every stop light lol). Maybe I'm under a rock too but chit 400hp is a whole lotta ass kicking already.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Back to your 700hp build... I know I read it already butttt I still would like to ask - why the heo would you want 700hp dd? I can see a tuner from a manageable 350-400hp and switches to 700 capable when you wanna do some hogging but chit 350-400 can do some real hogging - 40,000lbs easy.

I honestly can't see the 4r100 handling 700hp on a DD (if you romp on it daily every stop light lol). Maybe I'm under a rock too but chit 400hp is a whole lotta ass kicking already.

meh, 400 gets boring too..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Well a lot has changed on this build since I first started this thread. Also, I picked up a tdi which I never really saw coming.

I want the truck to be capable of DD (work is 10 miles away) or joy ride. In case my tdi goes down or I want to drive it to school.

We use my dads truck as a tow rig multiple times a week so if his truck ever goes down for once I need to be able to tow with it. That's why I was sticking with a 467.7 but now I'm kind of regretting it and wishing I went bigger.

Any experience towing with S472 or S475?

psduser1

Reaction score
80-120 hp gain with a larger cam and ported heads, per golfer. Assuming the bottom end is setup, and a well designed fueling setup, with 300/200s and compounds.
Assuming 650 rwhp, which is readily doable, that puts the hp in the neighborhood of 750, rwhp.
Obviously, swamps isn't the only name in the game, but I'd say their opinion/experience worth mentioning.
I'd love to talk to anyone who has a verified, repeatable setup besting those numbers.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
The A codes don't flow well once the rpms increase beyond around 2600rpm. P. I. S. had a video flow testing a competition 160/100 vs his 160/30. He only tests them to like 2600rpm for a reason as he notes these injectors are not the greatest injector for a high rpm high hp engine and that flow start to drop off past that as rpm increases.

I have and never will say that. There is nothing wrong with a properly built a code. My favorite injector we have ever built is our 225/200 a codes.

And our 300/200 have easily crested 600 in the past in "daily" tunes.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
The test we offered between our 160/30 and others 160/100 was to show a 30% can do what a 100% can on a 160 injector and do it better.

Injectors are not simply pistons and nozzles as a lot of people believe.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Was wondering what Tim could push the max (full cycle) rpm out of the HEUI injector.

superpsd

Reaction score
I have and never will say that. There is nothing wrong with a properly built a code. My favorite injector we have ever built is our 225/200 a codes.

So then what the typical flow of an A code injector say a 160/100 @3000 or 3500. I only ask because a few who run A codes have said that the power band start to flatline or drop past 2800rpms ish. Also as a comparison have you ever tested say the 225/200 A code vs a 250/200 hybrid? That's the only question I'll put out there. I feel like we are hijacking a good build thread.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score

Sounds like the perfect injector for an SRP gone Honey Badger Sr. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well a lot has changed on this build since I first started this thread. Also, I picked up a tdi which I never really saw coming.

I want the truck to be capable of DD (work is 10 miles away) or joy ride. In case my tdi goes down or I want to drive it to school.

We use my dads truck as a tow rig multiple times a week so if his truck ever goes down for once I need to be able to tow with it. That's why I was sticking with a 467.7 but now I'm kind of regretting it and wishing I went bigger.

Any experience towing with S472 or S475?

School?

Latest posts

Members online