Absolute Performance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What can I say... Steve has great customer service and product! I purchased an APEX manifold from him for my build and it was soooo worth it. This thing will flow!!!! The APEX is extremely clean and well built. Whatever setup you plan on running i'd highly recommend this manifold. Haven't had a chance to read EGT's yet but I will get some readings shortly

Now for customer service:

Steve would send me updates every few days letting me know where he was at with the intake, which is the kind of customer service I like. Even after my trans started acting stupid he has help SOOOO much trying to help me fix it. He's definitely went above and beyond his call of duty. For that I can't thank him enough. I don't know how everyone else's experience has been with him but I went from purchasing a product from a vendor to texting a friend updates on my trans problems. Lol if powerstroke army had medals to award people then Steve would deserve the Medal of Honor. Because he has definitely went above and beyond!!! Thanks Steve, for providing an excellent product and for helping me through my 5r troubles.

05wh250

Reaction score
He has excellent customer service. He kept me updated the same way with my manifold and have nothing but good to say about it.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thanks fellas for the words! Glad to help however I can

Taylor, it's been my pleasure doing business with you. Giving back to a guy like you who gives up his safety to protect our freedom is never gonna be enough to repay you for that service. Thank you for what you do! Hopefully Daniel will get you all buttoned up tonight and you can spend the rest of your leave time shredding a set of tires :D

strokin6L

Reaction score
That's awesome to hear man! I'll be getting one of Steve's manifolds in the spring...can't wait!

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
All I know is that he better bring my EGR delete in March :poke:

ymajesa4.jpg

Lol, good on ya Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
That's awesome to hear man! I'll be getting one of Steve's manifolds in the spring...can't wait!

That's one manifold I'm looking forward to building!

All I know is that he better bring my EGR delete in March :poke:

ymajesa4.jpg

Lol, good on ya Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahaha I planned on it but you see the way my bank account is setup, I got a checking and a savings....

Thanks Phil! I'm gonna ship your kit to Danny that way it'll be at the Bash for sure!

a2elvis

Reaction score
So might sound like a stupid question, but guess Ill ask anyways...

What are all the plugs in the modified intake?...

Are the mounting bolts inside the intake??

sootie

Reaction score
the plugs are so you have access to the flat head bolts that hold the intake manifold to the head. that way there are no restrictions (bolts) that cross the runners path. .

swinky

Reaction score
Great customer service. I tried adjusting my shift solenoid when my trans was smoked and he promptly told me how stupid I was for doing so. I'm going to need another one in a few weeks I'll be calling you.

a2elvis

Reaction score
the plugs are so you have access to the flat head bolts that hold the intake manifold to the head. that way there are no restrictions (bolts) that cross the runners path. .

So again prob a dumb question, but what happens when one of those bolts falls out?

Im sure that why OE does not put captured bolts inside the intake?

I remember there was a Ford/Nissan gas motor that had intake runners that would adjust for load demand that had little screws that held the throttle plates in place... Needless to say when they would fall out it would be all bad.

sootie

Reaction score
So again prob a dumb question, but what happens when one of those bolts falls out?

Im sure that why OE does not put captured bolts inside the intake?

I remember there was a Ford/Nissan gas motor that had intake runners that would adjust for load demand that had little screws that held the throttle plates in place... Needless to say when they would fall out it would be all bad.

you are correct to a point. there are a thousand "what ifs" that surround an engine. correct installation will help in this regard.

04cr450

Reaction score
If you are that concerned about it- try re-torqueing the bolts after a couple hundred miles or so. Factory torque specs I believe is 8ft lbs. I torqued my ported intake to 12 ft. lbs. A lot of members now have ported intakes and have had all great success with them and trouble free as well. I have thought about the bolts falling out as well lol.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score

Needless to say when they would fall out it would be all bad.

That's highly unlikely to happen. If you have a spare intake manifold gasket laying around, shove an intake bolt through the rubber grommet and see how "easy" it DOESN'T back out. If you're really concerned you could use some locktite. I've heard of guy using lock washers but again that's not necessary. These ported manifolds have been run like this for quite some time and I'm unaware of anyone who experienced a bolt falling out and finding its way inside the head. When I installed mine, I installed all those bolts through the holes and through the gasket, went on like a breeze and I didn't have Steve's manifold.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well ive never seen a stock bolt back out... If one of the shorter bolts will than so would a stocker...

Hellen Keller sent this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.