Absolute Performance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Jared the trans issue I was having was a bad pump but she's up and running. I'll be contacting you after I head back to Iraq. Going to need one of those 4 link fronts for the drag strip this summer lol.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I plan on get one of Steve's manifold, might end up getting two one for white truck and one for red one. Right now I have a 6.4 on white truck I made but think that his manifold will be better. The red truck also has a manifold I made but also think I could benefit from his manifold. I have hear nothing but good things and I like to support any vendors I can on here.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Chris, put the 6.4 manifold on your truck. You'll have to fab up an alternator bracket though.

I will not put a 6.4 manifold on my truck. I see no need for a 6.4 manifold. No one has proof that a 6.4 manifold flows more than a 6L one. I hate the thought of hacking up a 6.4 manifold just to make it fit on a 6L. Plus I will not hack up my No limit piping to do so. I will be getting one of Steve's manifolds near spring time. I'm very confident Steve's Apex manifold will flow big time!

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I will not put a 6.4 manifold on my truck. I see no need for a 6.4 manifold. No one has proof that a 6.4 manifold flows more than a 6L one. I hate the thought of hacking up a 6.4 manifold just to make it fit on a 6L. Plus I will not hack up my No limit piping to do so. I will be getting one of Steve's manifolds near spring time. I'm very confident Steve's Apex manifold will flow big time!

Thanks buddy! The Apex will outflow a 6.4 manifold hands down. No sense in putting a bunch of labor and cost in material into something like that when market ready manifolds that have been proven to work, are available.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
What's this Apex manifold about? The only pictures I could find of your manifold were on the link here and they look just like the modified 6.0 manifold I currently have so I'm curious what is the Apex manifold and what is it rated to flow?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
What's this Apex manifold about? The only pictures I could find of your manifold were on the link here and they look just like the modified 6.0 manifold I currently have so I'm curious what is the Apex manifold and what is it rated to flow?

The Apex is my ported intake manifold. Pictures really speak very little of how well these things perform on the 6.0 and just how much they offer in performance gains. Don't take my word for it though, you can find several reviews in my vendor section, here in 6.0 aftermarket, shoot even in this thread, from all ranges of customers. Some with Stock/lightly modded trucks to even some with full out dedicated drag trucks. We even have a few reviews floating around of customers who have switched from competitors manifolds to ours and noticed gains. So when you ask what it's about.... That's what's it's about to me.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
The Apex is my ported intake manifold. Pictures really speak very little of how well these things perform on the 6.0 and just how much they offer in performance gains. Don't take my word for it though, you can find several reviews in my vendor section, here in 6.0 aftermarket, shoot even in this thread, from all ranges of customers. Some with Stock/lightly modded trucks to even some with full out dedicated drag trucks. We even have a few reviews floating around of customers who have switched from competitors manifolds to ours and noticed gains. So when you ask what it's about.... That's what's it's about to me.

I'm still curious at the flow rating of this manifold. I'm sure you're thinking I'm trying to start another pissing match and I'm not, but to say it flows more, what are the flow ratings of a ported 6.4 manifold vs an Absolute Apex 6.0 manifold?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm still curious at the flow rating of this manifold. I'm sure you're thinking I'm trying to start another pissing match and I'm not, but to say it flows more, what are the flow ratings of a ported 6.4 manifold vs an Absolute Apex 6.0 manifold?

The flow numbers are not what I really concern myself with. Gains at the track , throttle response, IAT, EBP, and hp gains I do care about though. Saying a 6.4 manifold will out perform a ported 6.0 manifold from any company for that matter, is factually incorrect. Side by side you would be able to see why that is. If you haven't had both apart and put eyes on it yourself, then I could see where your statements may be true in your opinion.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Although I don't know what the inside of your manifold looks like, I know what the inside of mine looks like in stock and modified form.

This is what it looked like in stock form:

IMG_6410_zps9f00e8ba.png

This is it in modified form:

IMG_4285_zps4c57d6ea.png

Now, like I mentioned I don't know what the inside of yours looks like but by the picture (which is all I have to go off of), if appears only the runners are milled out so the inside wouldn't look anywhere near like mine, not that it matters. I would agree that any ported manifold whether it's gutted like mine or just the runners are removed similar to how others are done is definitely going to improve the items you mentioned. My original query was based on the claim of it outflowing another manifold. The inside of the 6.4 in terms of area (volume) is larger than a 6.0 manifold. Now regardless of whether it's able to flow more is irrelevant because when you consider all modifications made, then the heads become the restriction and they can only flow so much, regardless of size of manifold.

Again, I'm not bashing your product and your gains make perfect sense as those would be improved with any ported intake manifold, I was just interested in the claim it would flow more than another manifold in regards to numbers. You say you're not concerned with flow numbers and I wouldn't be either but thats what got my interest.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think you are making this to technical really and truth be told, I don't need flow numbers to verify my statement because it's rather plain to see once you have physically seen both manifolds apart, side by side. As I said, if you haven't then I can understand why your statement would be true in your opinion. However, it doesn't make a ported 6.0 manifold out flowing a stock 6.4 manifold any less true. Hell, the throat in a 6.4 manifold alone is a major restriction. So while you assume that the bigger runner of a 6.4 manifold means more volume, you're failing to see that more volume means nothing when there is a limited amount of air to supply it with due to restriction. I respect that you disagree with me. I think proving me wrong would suite your argument substantially

As far as the Apex goes, again, as I said already, pictures speak very little of what all goes into these things and how that makes them perform so well. I'm glad that you did your own manifold and have that experience, I'm sure you can understand and respect what effort it takes to make them as a retailer knowing first hand what it took you. IMO, your manifold could have benefited from work that I do on mine. Things you may have missed, and honestly not doing things that you did. Testing has proven so much to me over the years with developing and tweaking the Apex. Some of the most common conceptions when it comes to ported manifolds has never proven to be anything more than minuet hoopla.

Appreciate you expressing your opinion and I respect that we disagree. Hopefully we can move forward with a respect for eachothers work and do business down the road!

~Steve

Reaction score
Steve is right. You'd have to see the APEX to understand what is going on in there and what kind of machining is done to make it such a proven part. Personally, I'm running one with full fueled 205/100's and I'm confident that the APEX made a HUGE difference with flow, performance and maintaining excellent EGT's.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
I think you are making this to technical really and truth be told, I don't need flow numbers to verify my statement because it's rather plain to see once you have physically seen both manifolds apart, side by side. As I said, if you haven't then I can understand why your statement would be true in your opinion. However, it doesn't make a ported 6.0 manifold out flowing a stock 6.4 manifold any less true this is what I referring to, my original comment to Chris was to use a ported 6.4 manifold, not a stock one, so I can see your point very well. Hell, the throat in a 6.4 manifold alone is a major restriction. So while you assume that the bigger runner of a 6.4 manifold means more volume, you're failing to see that more volume means nothing when there is a limited amount of air to supply it with due to restriction. I respect that you disagree with me. I think proving me wrong would suite your argument substantially I'm not trying to disprove anything, I'm trying to understand but since you were referring to a stock 6.4 manifold, I am on that page

As far as the Apex goes, again, as I said already, pictures speak very little of what all goes into these things and how that makes them perform so well. I'm glad that you did your own manifold and have that experience, I'm sure you can understand and respect what effort it takes to make them as a retailer knowing first hand what it took you. I didn't do mine, a friend did but yes, I respect the work/time/energy/patience that goes into these things. IMO, your manifold could have benefited from work that I do on mine. Things you may have missed, and honestly not doing things that you did. This right here is what I want to know about your manifold. How exactly is it different than mine? I do know what they did as i was very involved in the process however I just didn't physically do the work. Testing has proven so much to me over the years with developing and tweaking the Apex. Some of the most common conceptions when it comes to ported manifolds has never proven to be anything more than minuet hoopla.

Appreciate you expressing your opinion and I respect that we disagree. Hopefully we can move forward with a respect for eachothers work and do business down the road!

~Steve

Again, this isn't about disagreeing, it's about understanding. Now if you'd like to carry this on via PM, I'd love to hear about what is so different about mine that it could have been done differently or could benefit from whatever it is you do with yours.

Steve is right. You'd have to see the APEX to understand what is going on in there and what kind of machining is done to make it such a proven part. Personally, I'm running one with full fueled 205/100's and I'm confident that the APEX made a HUGE difference with flow, performance and maintaining excellent EGT's.

I'm not contesting any of that one bit!!!

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have ran a GOGO stage 1 and now the Apex. The gogo had lids and gaskets. They leaked under high boost. No ccv at the time and the oil mess was evident under my hood. No leaks thus far with apex....egts are better and quicker to respond. Granted most of that could be just due to the fact that this one didnt have the leak prone lids.

Just my 2 cents

ODAWG714

Reaction score
The main key is a sealed intake with no leaks, all manifolds with the restrictions removed will have the same gains. Steve you make a nice piece for sure but when all the restrictions are gone the performance is gonna be the same from who ever you get an intake from. I've dug into 34+ of these this year alone and there's really not much to them . Once the runners are cleared out and the internal egr area is cleared out performance will be the same the next issue will be the heads.

Reaction score
Again, this isn't about disagreeing, it's about understanding. Now if you'd like to carry this on via PM, I'd love to hear about what is so different about mine that it could have been done differently or could benefit from whatever it is you do with yours.

I'm not contesting any of that one bit!!!

I understand what you're saying completely and if I came across as being rude or hostile then I apologize because that wasn't the case at all. I was just sharing my experience with Steve's manifold and my personal data I've gathered. It's a proven manifold for sure. Not saying yours isn't ,because what you have is a clean unit, but the Apex does the job on my application.... and it does it well.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying completely and if I came across as being rude or hostile then I apologize because that wasn't the case at all. I was just sharing my experience with Steve's manifold and my personal data I've gathered. It's a proven manifold for sure. Not saying yours isn't ,because what you have is a clean unit, but the Apex does the job on my application.... and it does it well.

I didn't take anything you said as rude. I agree with Oliver though; the key is having a leak free manifold with no restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online