Absolute Performance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootcamp

Reaction score
I ordered my Apex last week and can't wait to get it installed, looking forward to seeing one of these manifolds up close finally.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Aight, in all seriousness, is a ported intake mani worth it? Right now I just can't justify damn near a grand for a little throttle response an lower egts...if I actually had a budget for my truck I would just go for it, but trying to fund other things and do life and what not.

I just got a manifold from Odawg, actually installed it today. Spool up is a little faster along with a 100-150* drop in egt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Care to explain a little bit more on this?

I'm interested in this as well.

Nah, no need to spark up a pissing match. I just wanted to address the comment made that all are the same and equal the same in performance when in fact they don't, as we have proven in testing. Out of all these threads over the years I have learned to let the results speak for my work. That data can be found in my vendor section along with other threads regarding Cutting-Edge Diesel's 6.0 Ranger drag truck and numerous customer threads.

Last edited:

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Nah, no need to spark up a pissing match. I just wanted to address the comment made that all are the same and equal the same in performance when in fact they don't, as we have proven in testing. Out of all these threads over the years I have learned to let the results speak for my work. That data can be found in my vendor section along with other threads regarding Cutting-Edge Diesel's 6.0 Ranger drag truck and numerous customer threads.

You know, we all can go back and forth about this Steve but the fact of the matter is Oliver said it's the same, you say it's not but you won't elaborate as to what's different. I don't understand why? You think it's gonna turn into a pissing contest but it's not. It's about people wanting to make informed decisions about a product they install on their vehicles, especially when they're forking over the kind of cash these things go for. They don't wanna hear, "I've learned to let the results speak for themselves." Well, lets see the results. What kind of data do you have to support countering what Oliver said about these manifolds. I'd figure from a vendor's standpoint, you'd be willing to go all out and explain the stuff we're asking about but you are very elusive when it comes to this and frankly, it's silly.

I along with the rest of the truck loving monkeys aren't going to go "thread surfing" to try and find substantive information about a product when we can go to the horses mouth, in this case the horse won't speak. It's like you're hiding behind your product.

Don't come on here and tell us, "it's not the same but I can't tell you why." If you think there's something different that could have been done with my manifold and the route we took, then by means myself and Oliver are all ears. Lets hear it. Neither of us are afraid of constructive criticism and we both stand behind this manifold we have.

The majority of us aren't keyboard mechanics. We know what we're doing. We know what to expect from these products. We're not going to come in here and feed guys a bunch of bullS*@t because we want to sell them a product. With that, I do agree your manifold is a great manifold and it will improve the things you say it will improve but the fact of the matter is this, Oliver is right. Once you create an air tight manifold and you remove restrictions and you "open" up that manifold, the results from your manifold and the results from Oliver's manifold are going to be extremely similar. Sure they'll vary a little because well, we all know every truck reacts differently to same/like components but if you think the results are that different, then lets hear why. Don't sit here and say something is different and not explain why. That's just silly.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Like I said once all the crap is removed the gains are gonna be the same. I don't care what Steve says he doesn't even own a 6.0 to test these on himself. I've played with these manifolds and sad to say but once the crap is gone it's the same data on a running truck.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Like I said once all the crap is removed the gains are gonna be the same. I don't care what Steve says he doesn't even own a 6.0 to test these on himself. I've played with these manifolds and sad to say but once the crap is gone it's the same data on a running truck.

Lol man you and onecoastal just don't quit do you....

If I recall correctly mr. 0dawg didn't you start "building manifolds" by reverse engineering soot powered's manifold? An extremely flawed product at best. Didn't you also call me and beg for a manifold prior to making your own? I think that was right around the time where you called back and begged to have me tell you how to make one to save you some money because you were so broke after handing everything you had over to soot performance. Shortly there after you had your own manifold. Imagine the relief I felt when I heard, knowing I didn't give you the info you so persistently wanted. So there's exactly zero chance in hell that im going to further explain in exact detail to you two guys WHY my manifold is better than what is available, than what you make. The Apex results speak for themselves, as I've said several times now. To save you the headache of searching for that info: 50hp gain at the track, 200-250* egt drop, instant throttle response, noticeably improved spool up time, more top end power. All that on top of the basic "more air available to the rear cylinders" principal.

Also, If every manifold is the same, why are the results so different? Why are my customers seeing gains above what others are claiming to see? Results speak for themselves fellas. As I said, not gonna teach people how to make what I make anymore than I have. Took me time and money to develop it, everybody trying to make one for retail should put it in just like me.

.....and I don't need to own a 6.0 to know our products work and work well.

Last edited:

Stroker04

Reaction score
I've been wanting a manifold myself for a long time. I just picked up an 05 manifold for 50$. Is it really worth it to spend 800 or more? I can cut and TIG weld so that is no issue. Is there something I can't do that everyone else is doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
If someone is so hard pressed in knowing what Steve does to his manifold that's different....then buy one and cut it open to see for yourself.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
You are soo full of your self it's pathetic Steve. I made my self one when you mr fake talking your big game about how you would help out and didn't. That's a fake ass if I ever seen one. It all started by friends that wanted one and I'll continue to slang them for half the cost of yours. It's all good

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Enough guys. This isnt smack. Out of respect of the OP, take it down there or to PM's.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You are soo full of your self it's pathetic Steve. I made my self one when you mr fake talking your big game about how you would help out and didn't. That's a fake ass if I ever seen one. It all started by friends that wanted one and I'll continue to slang them for half the cost of yours. It's all good

I helped you to the point I could. Beyond that, I wasn't going to path the way for you. I'm glad I didn't. Sorry that upsets you. Good luck with your side business

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I helped you to the point I could. Beyond that, I wasn't going to path the way for you. I'm glad I didn't. Sorry that upsets you. Good luck with your side business

It doesn't upset me at all. Side business, more like your middle man business. Maybe if you built it all your self you would save the customer 500 or so dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online