Aftermarket hpop problem symptoms.

dsberman94

Reaction score
There's probably no room lol small hood, tight etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. By doghouse you meant through the opening into the cab, that's already removed. This used to have a big utility body on the back. There's nothing left of the body except the roof and doors. The doors had to be ratchet strapped when it was trailered.

I thought by doghouse you meant the ccv thing on the valve cover.

Jomax

Reaction score
Oh. By doghouse you meant through the opening into the cab, that's already removed. This used to have a big utility body on the back. There's nothing left of the body except the roof and doors. The doors had to be ratchet strapped when it was trailered.

I thought by doghouse you meant the ccv thing on the valve cover.

Get to it then! I'm sure they'll let you borrow the IPR. Start with that first asap and report back.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Get to it then! I'm sure they'll let you borrow the IPR. Start with that first asap and report back.

Happen to know the size socket or wrench for the ipr to come out of the hpop?

Nvm. Googlefu started to work. 1 1/8". I'm heading out to the u-pull it hard bright and early and I'm going to get as many IPRs and as many good ICP sensors and pigtails as I can find.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've got wrenches and I've got normal depth deep
Sockets. Might not be enough, not sure if it'll fit through a 1/2" drive hole or not. I'm more worried about reaching it with a wrench. I don't remember how it's situated under the fuel bowl.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got an "oil sending unit" socket from Advance Auto parts. It's actually 1 3/16". A touch too big but, really deep and has a 3/4" hex end for a wrench along with the 3/8" drive.

Jomax

Reaction score
How will you know that the u pick parts have working iprs, you will probably be back to square 1.

bruce

Reaction score
Do the ipr, also pull the valve covers with it running and watch the oil spill ports to see if the injector O-rings are solid

dsberman94

Reaction score
How will you know that the u pick parts have working iprs, you will probably be back to square 1.

I was gonna get as many as I could but every one of the 15-20 7.3 or t444e motors they had were stripped of the hpop, hpo Rez, and the gear and gear bolt. Every single one.

Jomax

Reaction score
I was gonna get as many as I could but every one of the 15-20 7.3 or t444e motors they had were stripped of the hpop, hpo Rez, and the gear and gear bolt. Every single one.

If you send me your address and cover shipping. I'll mail out my spare. Just ship it back after you find out if the IPR is the problem.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If you send me your address and cover shipping. I'll mail out my spare. Just ship it back after you find out if the IPR is the problem.

I'll let you know on that. I might just sack up and buy one at a ford employee price. Gotta see what that it first though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you dont have an ipr on hand, you need one anyway. As well as an icp sensor..

dsberman94

Reaction score

Well I've got the electrical piece off this van but there's no way I'm going to be able to get the stem and the rest of it out of the hpop with a wrench or socket with the turbo on and I can't pull the turbo. Is the electrical part more than likely the issue or can the stem have internal issues at well?

rusty1161

Reaction score
How does the connector/harness look? My "no start" was a result of this, hidden under the split loom
image.jpg1_zps2bpxu52u.jpg

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online