Aftermarket Steering Wheels???

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Quick run down........when I got the truck, leather on the steering wheel looked awful and was torn. Pulled the leather cover off for the time being and its held me over for a while, but now its getting on my nerves as the "foam/sponge" covering is fading fast. Time for a new steering......I was looking at CarID's website and Auto Craft steering wheels, they look good but paying $600-700 isn't high on my list, searched ebay just to see what non-sense was on there.....and I actually came across a "Momo steering wheel adapter" saya it will fit 99-03 Superduty truck, I believe everything is the same all the way up to 2007......so just wondering, anyone seen our trucks with an aftermarket racing steering wheel, much less what the hub adapter looks like???

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
An OBS I know......but just to give you an idea

0801tr_04_z+1993_ford_f150+budnik_steering_wheel.jpg

JMart

Reaction score
Uncle Obama said no because without your airbag you might hurt yourself and that is illegal.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Quick run down........when I got the truck, leather on the steering wheel looked awful and was torn. Pulled the leather cover off for the time being and its held me over for a while, but now its getting on my nerves as the "foam/sponge" covering is fading fast. Time for a new steering......I was looking at CarID's website and Auto Craft steering wheels, they look good but paying $600-700 isn't high on my list, searched ebay just to see what non-sense was on there.....and I actually came across a "Momo steering wheel adapter" saya it will fit 99-03 Superduty truck, I believe everything is the same all the way up to 2007......so just wondering, anyone seen our trucks with an aftermarket racing steering wheel, much less what the hub adapter looks like???

Might check with the oem parts vendors on here. If I'm not mistaken, the oem replacement steering wheels were relatively inexpensive.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Check out craft customs. I bought a new kr steering wheel and had it shipped to them. There in the process right now of putting wood and leather on there.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Check out craft customs. I bought a new kr steering wheel and had it shipped to them. There in the process right now of putting wood and leather on there.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.....

I bought a leather wrapped wood grain trim steering wheel for mine a couple years ago off eBay.

Yea its hit and miss with ebay......everything I've found has been wood grain so far, but I look every day

ncollins64

Reaction score
I paid around 450 I think. They did half leather and half woodgrain. I sent them a piece of woodgrain from the dash so they could match it perfectly. It was about a week turn around

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I paid around 450 I think. They did half leather and half woodgrain. I sent them a piece of woodgrain from the dash so they could match it perfectly. It was about a week turn around

Thanks man......Well things just got a lil interesting.....thought I was stuck with nasty looking "import/tuner" looking steering wheels.....found out Lecarra makes an adapter so I can use theirs, Budnik, Colorado customs and Grant steering wheels now

I think I'm gonna have to go with Budnik........

http://www.budnik.com/steeringwheels.asp?scid=72&pg=1

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to make a steering wheel from a new platinum (with the heating option) work in a 6.4 truck?

As long as the splines are the same, that's half the battle right there......then its just wiring

Ordered up the two adapter to see if this is gonna actually work.....then I'll order the steering wheel

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
damn I thought I was the only person thinking about buying that momo hub... Whenever I have the spare cash I'm gonna order one and see if it works. I really want to do a woodgrain nardi wheel in my KR

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
sick. well let me know how it goes. idk why I haven't just ordered that momo hub yet. It's like less than 90 bucks IIRC

Members online

No members online now.