Aftermarket Steering Wheels???

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Well first of two parts of the steering wheel adapter finally arrived.....good lookin' piece

hub2_zps43c39958.jpg

hub_zps73b86dd9.jpg

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I've looked into updating my 05 wheel an everything I have found states that the splines are different.

I've read all kinds of things on this......there has to be a way, I've seen to many F150s in Truckin with custom steering wheels for something not to work.....

Yes! I hope it works because if it does I'll be ordering one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Well.......

It fits!!!! Gonna have to figure out a few things with the wiring, but all the hardware fits, post up pics first thing tomorrow

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Busy morning sorry.........here are the photos

hub3_zps526f6fb9.jpg

hub1_zps4e587ea8.jpg

The flat worm looking thing you can see hanging out is the wiring harness for the steering wheel controls......I'm gonna have to figure out something to do with that, as I want to still use my cruise control functions, but I'll deal with that when I get there

hub_zpsebb09df5.jpg

After I got everything back together, I noticed the hub sticks out as far, if not farther then the stock steering wheel.....

hub2_zpse5bd697a.jpg

....and with the Lecarra adapter and steering wheel still to go, its gonna be a lot closer to me, so I dropped it off at a buddy's machine shop and he's gonna take about 2" out of the momo hub for me, I'll post that when its done......now its time to make a decision on a steering wheel

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
For the cruise control on mine I was planning on mounting it in the dash somewhere. I'm guessing you have the wheel with just cruise and not stereo and ac controls right? That setup might be harder to mount in the dash... either way I would put it somewhere that isn't on the steering wheel... that will look like bawlllzz

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
For the cruise control on mine I was planning on mounting it in the dash somewhere. I'm guessing you have the wheel with just cruise and not stereo and ac controls right? That setup might be harder to mount in the dash... either way I would put it somewhere that isn't on the steering wheel... that will look like bawlllzz

No my steering wheel has them all, but the radio controls don't work with the Kenwood headunit, plus it has a remote control I use any way. I hard ever use the temp and fan controls. As far the cruise control buttons, there is a perfect spot to put it on the dash right next to the pedal adjust button......gonna have to see how good my dremel skiiiilllzzzz are :naughty:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
No my steering wheel has them all, but the radio controls don't work with the Kenwood headunit, plus it has a remote control I use any way. I hard ever use the temp and fan controls. As far the cruise control buttons, there is a perfect spot to put it on the dash right next to the pedal adjust button......gonna have to see how good my dremel skiiiilllzzzz are :naughty:

Damn lol great minds think alike. I looked at mine today when I jumped in and that was exactly the spot I had in mind months ago when I thought about doing this.

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
I had my leather wheel recovered when I did my seats. Dallas steering wheel matched my 2 tone leather seats and the cost was $325 shipped.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I had my leather wheel recovered when I did my seats. Dallas steering wheel matched my 2 tone leather seats and the cost was $325 shipped.

Damn that's not bad at all.....

Hurry up and get that thing on there so we can see it ! The suspense is killing me .

Hahaha.....I can only go as fast as FedEx can ship the steering wheel, which is suppose to be here on the 26th, so figure I'll have it on friday or saturday

Latest posts

Members online