All I got to say..

Charles

Reaction score
Screw that, I mean its cool and all but for 9500 I'd throw a 6.4 in there if it were my money.

That block is intended for power outputs around twice what the 6.4 has produced thus far.

So it's really apples and oranges.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That block is intended for power outputs around twice what the 6.4 has produced thus far.

So it's really apples and oranges.

I realize that, but how much money would it take to make a 7.3 hit over 2000HP ? just doesnt seem like money well spent to me. For 9500 he could swap in a 6.4 and upgrade the fuel system and turbos and have a fast ride instead of a hollow block that can withstand the power 50,000 + dollars could make happen.

Charles

Reaction score
I realize that, but how much money would it take to make a 7.3 hit over 2000HP ? just doesnt seem like money well spent to me. For 9500 he could swap in a 6.4 and upgrade the fuel system and turbos and have a fast ride instead of a hollow block that can withstand the power 50,000 + dollars could make happen.

Ease, cost nor availability of the 6.4 matter for a person weighing options to build an engine in the power range where that CGI block is intended.

A briggs 5hp can be had for less than 200 bucks, but I doubt too many open class pullers would go that route either.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Ease, cost nor availability of the 6.4 matter for a person weighing options to build an engine in the power range where that CGI block is intended.

A briggs 5hp can be had for less than 200 bucks, but I doubt too many open class pullers would go that route either.

You can pick up a 6.4 from 800-1200 depending on if you want it with turbos and fuel system or not, get a BigStuff or other stand alone (600-800) or just use the factory ECU and Harness (300) weld up some motor mounts or get the whole front clip off of a wrecked 08-10. Its not rocket science nor hard to do. To a 7.3 to do what that block is rated to you could build and entire 6.4 swapped truck. Its not a unlimited MOD puller its a street truck. Besides you cant argue that its easier to make power with a 7.3 than it is with a 6.4. One chits the bed on stock hardware at 500 the other at 1200.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You can pick up a 6.4 from 800-1200 depending on if you want it with turbos and fuel system or not, get a BigStuff or other stand alone (600-800) or just use the factory ECU and Harness (300) weld up some motor mounts or get the whole front clip off of a wrecked 08-10. Its not rocket science nor hard to do. To a 7.3 to do what that block is rated to you could build and entire 6.4 swapped truck. Its not a unlimited MOD puller its a street truck. Besides you cant argue that its easier to make power with a 7.3 than it is with a 6.4. One chits the bed on stock hardware at 500 the other at 1200.

I can't even find a 7.3 for $800 around here....

WTF are you getting a 6.4 for that little?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Give a 7.3 cr and see what kind of power stock forged will hold.. I feel that you are not comprehending the point of what Charles said..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Give a 7.3 cr and see what kind of power stock forged will hold.. I feel that you are not comprehending the point of what Charles said..

I understand, how ever its a street truck. Would you want to dump 10 grand for a bare block that you have to dump another 20 grand into to have a complete motor or 10 grand and have a fully running truck that is a powerhouse?

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
I understand, how ever its a street truck. Would you want to dump 10 grand for a bare block that you have to dump another 20 grand into to have a complete motor or 10 grand and have a fully running truck that is a powerhouse?

for some people cost doesnt matter....its more because they can....you dont want to pay to play and thats fine....not everyone wants the cheapest route possible....

Jason

Reaction score

*** *** ***!! Here goes that "****s the bed at 500/above stock/in stock form/etc. Argument while apparently the 6.4 is good for over 1000 before a single issue.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I wasnt serious btw guys. But if i had money like some guys on here why the hell not cgi block cr conversion come on.. Awesomeness just because.. Im just putting crowers in it new bearings an rings and letting her eat..

Lets not do the whole 6.4 vs 7.3 again.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm not say one is better than the other or not, just that if your going to spend that amount of money I think IMPO that it would be spent better on a swap. You guys are more than welcome to spend your money how ever you like. I just think its foolish to drop 10 large on a block for a street truck. If it was a competition truck that made you money one winnings and saved you money going that route on motors then it would be a different story.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I wanna be the cool kid with the 10k dollar block and cr 7.3 .itll never happen but if i had it llike that id do it.. Why not moneys money.. Lol

Let's just say that IF I had the money to build an engine, it would be a built 7.3 and a built 4R100.

Jason

Reaction score
Kinda why i stopped jacking with my truck. Always have had fast cars, figured I woukd try the truck out, didnt care much for that deal...money better spent IMO on the car side. When its injector time, either new stock, or a small single will find its way under my hood. $15k to get blown away by my bolt on car is a waste to me.

Arisley

Reaction score
I'm not say one is better than the other or not, just that if your going to spend that amount of money I think IMPO that it would be spent better on a swap. You guys are more than welcome to spend your money how ever you like. I just think its foolish to drop 10 large on a block for a street truck. If it was a competition truck that made you money one winnings and saved you money going that route on motors then it would be a different story.

But wouldn't it be cool to have a really, really built 7.3 that you can drive to the track and kick all kinds of ass.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.