Biggest Injector On PMR's

caladash

Reaction score
Are you serious? After all of that..

Apparently...im not gonna be some idiot who jumps on the bandwagon and gets the flavor of the month. Im gonna do my research and listen to what the experience has to say. The guys who took the time to post on here have taught me alot and helped incredibly. Have you?

TARM

Reaction score
Apparently...im not gonna be some idiot who jumps on the bandwagon and gets the flavor of the month. Im gonna do my research and listen to what the experience has to say. The guys who took the time to post on here have taught me alot and helped incredibly. Have you?

Heynow!!! Its been at least a good solid 6 month bandwagon and none of us could settle on a flavor we all liked best. LOL

caladash

Reaction score
Sorry!! Let me rephrase!! Im not gonna choose an injector untill I feel comfortable!! But.....I know what Im leaning towards!! Being indecisive sucks!!

Charles

Reaction score
Heynow!!! Its been at least a good solid 6 month bandwagon and none of us could settle on a flavor we all liked best. LOL

Actually.... about a 4 or 5 year bandwagon...

It's a done deal folks. There's nothing left to figure out. If you want the best all-around nozzle available for a 7.3 powerstroke injector, then get a 200% EDM.

If you don't.... then get something else. Your call.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I love my setup. Just a little sluggish to spool in certain speeds. But from the bottom, no complaints.

My haze is usually, well all the time. From a start its a little dark, ok, and as i excel it clears up into a haze. NOw if i leave it at that and keep at a cruising speed of say 50, its still somewhat hazy. Go up a hill and of course it gets darker, but its almost always hazy.

Same as highway just a faster speed. Its not as noticable at 70 but i can see it from my mirror so its noticable. I know tuning will help a ton. And im going with Matt very soon. See how it runs, and then maybe switch up to a tighter housing with wg and see what happens. I really like how it acts now, minus haze and slow to spool, but that is easily fixable.

My concern is smoke. I notice when i do step into the throttle that the smoke is not black, its more of a gray ish. It runs and idles fine, just curious if that means im not getting enough fuel or thats just a big turbo not wanting to spool thats causing that. I dont care for smoke at all, just figured i would ask. Like the sled pullers/drag setups start off whiteish then gray then to black. Ill try to get some videos tomorrow, if thatll help anyone out.

TARM

Reaction score
I think you need some tune tweaks. While your turbo setup is a bit laggy IMO you should not be haze/smoking while cruising. Now giving it a good bit of throttle off basically no boost cruise I think you are gonna have to deal with some becasue of the turbo setup.

IMO a live tune would do wonders for you I bet or just a couple a tweaks to get it right. Maybe take a video combined with some logging of ICP PW etc and send it to your tuner?

juniort444e

Reaction score
Yea, i figured having a 4202 jb would be a bit laggy. It took me awhile to learn how to drive it but im gettn much better, and have been really good with not stomping on it when i have a twitch in my foot.

I do understand having it smoky at starting out and also giving it some more throttle. Thats just the nature of the beast. And im sure matt could tune this pretty damn good and close to what i want the first time around. Im having tranny issues now but its still drivable.

And yes it does pull hard, sometimes harder then i expect. But love it so far. How is your setup running/performing strokeorcroak

David N

Reaction score
Yea, i figured having a 4202 jb would be a bit laggy. It took me awhile to learn how to drive it but im gettn much better, and have been really good with not stomping on it when i have a twitch in my foot.

I do understand having it smoky at starting out and also giving it some more throttle. Thats just the nature of the beast. And im sure matt could tune this pretty damn good and close to what i want the first time around. Im having tranny issues now but its still drivable.

And yes it does pull hard, sometimes harder then i expect. But love it so far. How is your setup running/performing strokeorcroak

How much horsepower are you PMR guys pushing? I know Im not cool enough to be in the 200% nozzle club, but I have 250/100's on my PMRs... and they are waaaaaay overkill for PMR's... So what are people with PMR's pushing?

juniort444e

Reaction score
I have never dynoed my truck ever. So i have no clue where it is. Once i get everything worked out and a new trans then ill hit the dyno and run a higher tune.

From what matt has told me, and i have read, he can put me close or right at 420hp and 800 or less tq. And for right now until i get another motor built, ill be damn happy with that.

Once i do have a motor built and ready to drop in im going push this motor and see what it can handle for how long. Would be fun to see what happens.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

Yeah its all in what you want, some people dont care about lag or fuel mileage. They can just drive the truck at 2700 rpm's where the turbo is happy and go from there, others like to see just how PERFECT they can make the truck run, how much better than stock is possible... Honestly my truck is no longer my DD, i drive it when its not in the shop and i drive it when i wanna go fast. Its much easier on the stress level if you have a toy that ISNT your DD haha.

But as far as my setup it was running great, just a little under powered for my likings. So i tore it back apart and should have it up and running again tomorrow if everything goes smooth. Different turbo and HPOP setup are whats happening

juniort444e

Reaction score
What turbo are you going with. Im kind of glad i did everything the first time around all in one sitting. Just wish i didnt have them damn pmr's.

I am working on paying the truck off now, should of done that first but you know how that works. :doh: once its paid off and i get a little spending money i want to buy another truck for a toy or dd and turn my current into a toy or keep it the dd.

I cant complain too much about this setup. It acts how i figured it would, has more power then anything i ever driven, besides the M1. And its kind of a sleeper with a huge bumper that everyone stares at cross eyed.

Im still curious to know power levels others are running at everyday with a setup similar to mine. Sooner or later i want to dyno this, just not sure if the trans will screw the readings up.

Southmike

Reaction score
I wouldnt go over 400 on pmrs, prob only swamps 200 hybirds or similar.
I def would nor run 250 injectors full boar or you will have 250 rod ejectors.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Would rpm's effect the pmr's any. Meaning if i run them around 3500 for too long, will they go kaboom. I have not reached that rpm yet as im afraid too. Not sure if the current tuning will let me anyway.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Its not the high RPM's that kills them, it too much power down low in the RPM range that sends them flying.

David N

Reaction score
Would rpm's effect the pmr's any. Meaning if i run them around 3500 for too long, will they go kaboom. I have not reached that rpm yet as im afraid too. Not sure if the current tuning will let me anyway.

I feel pretty confident that there is nothing you can do preventative to keep a rod from breaking. Its gonna blow. And you know that. As do I. But I have always read that they go when your being easy on the throttle, so my solution: Drive the piss out of it all the time. When it goes it goes.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Hahaha nice. Yea i do drive mine hard half of the time the other half im stuck behind slow people.

I figured rpms wouldnt hurt but never hurt to ask.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Here's a quick video of me getting after it pretty good......

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Anyone else want to share?

Latest posts

Members online