Blew hg/ help me build a 700 hp dd

78f100

Reaction score
I need some help with the airdog upgrade, I assume I need to pull the banjo fitting/stud out of the hpfp and screw in a new fitting that will 90 into the braided line right?

I dont want to jack up the hpfp tring to unscrew something that dont come out, but that is the only way I can see this working. Any insight will be great, thanks.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yep. Front pass fitting getts removed and the new one goes in and the hose attatches to that. Havent done elites but decently familiar with it. Im sure someone will chime in with first hand experience

78f100

Reaction score
thanks man, I think I got it mostly figured out but want to make sure. There are several fittings in the bag I want to get them all in the right place!

78f100

Reaction score
Alright guys, got the II turbo on but have some questions

Should the turbos be bolted together or is that just for aligning the turbos? My stockers were not bolted together so I assume not. But it looks like they should be.

Any special process for oiling the turbo or just fill them with oil before hooking up the lines?

White_monster

Reaction score
don't put those bolts in, they are just for installing them. As far as oiling them goes, I pour some oil down the supply ports and then disconnect the hpfp by the glow plug module and crank the engine this way the oil pump pushes oil to them but they don't spin. I do that till I know I have oil there then I reconnect the hpfp and fire the engine. Hope this helps.

78f100

Reaction score
I haven't had time to put many pics on but here are a few of my wg and II 71 mm turbo. I hope to set the cab back on tomorrow or tuesday!

5ABE16EB-orig.jpg

6EBFFF6A-orig.jpg

A82E446B-orig.jpg

020A5B93-orig.jpg

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
The exit on the wastegate looks a bit high. I had to trim that heat sheild and rotate in down a little farther to clear the cab. Might want to check that.

78f100

Reaction score
I just decided to plumb the lines into the wg and cap them for now that way if needed all I have to do is hook them up.

How bad is it to get to the wg when the cab is back on? Looks like only access will be from under the truck.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Its actually pretty easy. Make sure your clamps are faced the right way if you plan to work cab on. I had to custum up a allen wrench to get mine because it was in a messed up spot

78f100

Reaction score
I have lots of (custom) allen wrenches and tools...lol. Im always working on junk and making tools. I am a professional afro engineer.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
What springs did you put in your wg?

I have 1.2 bar which is perfect on the dyno graph. I have the tow x turbos in mine which dumps between stages. I know rudys starts at 1.0 bar. I have done a lot of spring changes. Not fun!

Latest posts

Members online