build thread: year of the 7.3s

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
It's looking like a cheaper route to do a 12v then to build the 7.3 if I can source a 12v pretty quickly I'll end up selling off all my performance parts. Sadly the injectors will go back to the builder to have him distribute them to someone else to test.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Not what I was expecting when I logged back on, bummer man.
Good luck which ever route you choose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I so but it's not built yet. Was about to start ordering parts this weekend, figured this would last longer than it did. If I already had the parts I'd build it. But it'll be a lot cheaper to part this motor out and build a 12v

hucorey

Reaction score
I so but it's not built yet. Was about to start ordering parts this weekend, figured this would last longer than it did. If I already had the parts I'd build it. But it'll be a lot cheaper to part this motor out and build a 12v

Not the dark side Keith. Its not worth it. Next thing you know you'll have your tow mirrors flipped out. :eek:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I was hoping to see it live longer also. the name can be changed if you try it again. How does ***ushima sound? LOL jk
I hope you try again with billet, I believe you can have a lot of fun with it.

sent using tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Thanks for the taking the time to help out justin. You just had to jinx me, wasn't even your tune that I named Chernobyl7. I'll be deciding which route to go this weekend. If I stick to 7.3 you'll still be tuning it again. I knew it was going to happen, just didn't know when. I'll pull the rod or rods that broke and see where the broke to maybe narrow down a cause. This thing lived a very rough life and I'm thinking it may have been an abuse failure or something related to the miss that it had.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
for sure.

6-7 seconds into the video, as soon as the truck moves/revs...dead miss.

idle actually sounded ok, LOL...lots of ICP, but other than that...dead miss when accelerating.

tuning isn't going to fix that.

You guys are right. I didn't watch that one. Only the burnout. Defs hear it when she comes up in the R's

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well I got another long block this weekend, going to get everything swapped and try again. Will be ordering stuff yo build a motor in the coming weeks. Don't think I can quit on the 7.3 just yet. 1 cylinder that threw a cct fail was #1 which is one of the cylinders that let go. When I get it out I'll see what was going on with that

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well got the motor out tonight and began to dig in it. Looks like the rod just pulled itself apart on the down stroke. Will have the heads off later to look closer. Also had to order a billet flexplate since I've gone through them like crazy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.