BulletProof Oil Cooler Half Kit

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Still a lot to me but youre not seeing the billet pieces that are machined for the stock oil filter housing.

Smokyred

Reaction score
Still a lot to me but youre not seeing the billet pieces that are machined for the stock oil filter housing.

Ah, well that makes more sense on the price then, billet pieces aren't cheap.

Snake, I see that came off sounding a bit harsh, do you have any pics of everything that comes in the kit?

Dave

Snake

Reaction score
No worries! Its all about perception, and I had the same feeling about the oil filter. But in going through the 6.0 kit, I couldn't find anything else that wasn't top shelf. Every hose, connector, and component looks like its the best of the best. I don't have any pics of this kit (I believe its a prototype in beta testing), but I do have pics of the 6.0 kit. I don't want to hijack this thread....some teaser pics of the 6.0 kit are here (post #32)----> http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21537

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Heres why.
2012-08-20_0143.jpg

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Knowledge is power my friend..... The more info the better! :thumbsup:

You got it man....

Can someone elaborate on what a half kit consists of and what a full kit is.

I do believe gentleman who gave the $1200-1300 quote can elaborate...

I wouldn't judge the rest of the kit based on the filter.

Exactly you can cross reference the 85832 Carquest filter to the filter of your choice

..... do you have any pics of everything that comes in the kit?
If you look closely you can see the billet piece still in the plastic in the upper right of the first pic, sorry I didn't get a better pic, but that's all the comes in the kit......and speaking of pics, I couldn't get decent pic from the PDF document so I just snapped some picks with me nifty iPhone

Hose routing, you can see the billet piece that replaces the stock oil filter housing and a small photo of where the filter sits

photo.jpg

Basic lay out of the whole kit...

photo2.jpg

Another billet piece for the filter with two extra ports, if need be, one inlet one outlet

photo1.jpg

Last edited:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Does it state how much capacity it adds to the oil system? Just curious, when i had my two AmsOil bypass filters they added almost 2 quarts of extra oil capacity

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Does it state how much capacity it adds to the oil system? Just curious, when i had my two AmsOil bypass filters they added almost 2 quarts of extra oil capacity

No it doesn't, but I'm sure that's part of the feedback they are looking for. But then again, you are deleting the hosing and replacing it a spin on filter, however with the extra cooler and lines, it might be as much as 2 quarts.....we will find out shortly, just hope the body shop sticks to their word of it being ready Friday

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
I would think the spin on would hold as much or close to what the factory oil housing held and add the hose and cooler and 2-3 quarts is my guess. Like i said i was just curious. This will definately be in my future. Cant wait to see when ya get it on there. Thanks for posting it up

Snake

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet this system adds about as much oil capacity as we're seeing with the 6.0 kits, which is roughly 5 qts. Keep in mind you'll have oil in the lines, the spin on filter, and the heat exchanger.

Snake

Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the pictures how big the exchanger in the 6.4 kit is compared to the one in the 6.0 kit, but if their capacities are similar.....

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yep. Shanes right. Its just a cap for the oil cooler. Just gets rid of the canister. The billet piece i put is not in this system. Theres a write up in diesel world. Little dissapointed