carli 2.5"spring question

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yup works great, make sure you get some decent shocks like fox 2.0's will help keep it under control.

04cr450

Reaction score
Yes. I still added the two spacers. The 2.5" Icon coils do not correct the lean by themselves.

Also, I reread what I typed. My front is not higher than the rear. The rear is taller by 1/2"-1". I cant figure out how to edit my other post.

ok , bummer, i was hoping i could get away from using the pmf spacers(i have 3 of them on my drivers side to equal the passenger side).SMH, disappointed

04cr450

Reaction score
the ouo is a waste for me since i have the pmf spacers on hand. Only need 1/2", with these new springs and fox shocks i hope i see an improvement lol

JRLott

Reaction score
I'm thinking the carli springs would ride nicer than stock however?

Oh hell yes! I used a spacer in my 05 5.4 with Bilstien shocks, and thought it was great. This time I used Carli springs and Bilstien shocks and it kicks the old trucks a$$ in the ride department. I can only imagine how good it would be with Fox or, better yet, Carli valved a Fox shocks.

Last edited:

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Oh hell yes! I used a spacer in my 05 5.4 with Vilstien shocks, and thought it was great. This time I used Carli springs and Bilstien shocks and it kicks the old trucks a$$ in the ride department. I can only imagine how good it would be with Fox or, better yet, Carli valved a Fox shocks.

No doubt hey. Looking Forward to trying this out in the spring time! It's mostly an OCD thing with the leaning drivers side for me haha. If I can improve the ride quality at the same time it's a win win!

nowayout

Reaction score
Is the OUO Levelerset adjustable when it is installed on the truck? Or must you disassemble to adjust it?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Is the OUO Levelerset adjustable when it is installed on the truck? Or must you disassemble to adjust it?

You need to take the pressure off the axle and springs but you can adjust it on the truck. Just not with the full weight of it on it.

Kxc

Reaction score
Are the Carli coil springs and the Deaver leafs the softest ride ? I never pull or haul anything other than a small 2000 lb boat. Just looking for the softest ride I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
No doubt hey. Looking Forward to trying this out in the spring time! It's mostly an OCD thing with the leaning drivers side for me haha. If I can improve the ride quality at the same time it's a win win!

Gotcha. I must have misunderstood your comment. Leaning is driving me crazy, but it's just not in the cards to fix right now.

JRLott

Reaction score
Are the Carli coil springs and the Deaver leafs the softest ride ? I never pull or haul anything other than a small 2000 lb boat. Just looking for the softest ride I guess.

From what I've read, yes. You'll get Carli/Icon depending on who you ask, but I've never seen a answer other than Deaver for the rear. I went with Carli, but don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I have Icon full leafs in my rear, no blocks. It rides absolutely better than stock. Running stock Ranchos right now too. Haven't hooked up the first trailer, but I'll report back.

JRLott

Reaction score
Icon springs or Deaver? Thought I remembered reading they were Deaver, but that could quite possibly be a total fabrication of my mind.

Snayke

Reaction score
I have Icon full leafs in my rear, no blocks. It rides absolutely better than stock. Running stock Ranchos right now too. Haven't hooked up the first trailer, but I'll report back.

Hows about that side pic? haha

So you're running the 5" Icon leaf pack in the back, no blocks. Also a 2.5" level up front correct?

04cr450

Reaction score
Ok well this thread got long and drawn out lol ordered my springs and fox shocks will report back with pics... it'll look the same as it does now just hopefully ride much better

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Im sure you can find a used set on one of the forums or CL for much cheaper than getting a set from ford.

Latest posts

Members online