Carli Lift Advice

1st last59

Reaction score
This was towing with the Carli full rear deavers.
35ac0a18ac8db01fa4d75e98f6b2060a.jpg

And then this is with the stock 350 rear Springs and OUO traction blocks
8dc60782a0a78f24e6688986e5ad1e3b.jpg

Did u have the Carli kit without the deavers and run traction blocks. Then swapped to the deavers. How tall was the traction block and do they sit the same.

Jassman

Reaction score
All good info. I looked at Carli and Icon, I believe 2 of the finest kits made. After research and checking parts out I ordered a Pure Performance 4" lift with 37x12.5x20 Nitto Grappler G2's. I dropped it off and unfortunately a 6" lift was sent and put on by the time I came back at the end of the day. I really like the look of the 6", and very pleased how it looks with the 37's, but today was my first day using it, very hard to work out of. If you go 4.5" get some steering stabilizers, I'm putting mine on as we speak. These lifts are amazing..softer sprung than factory springs, and just ride way better than stock..and I ended up getting the leafs in the rear. I went with 2.5 adj Fox shocks in front and 2.0 adj in the rear and just finished putting a Firestone bag set up. Ill be playing with the adjust-ability later on the week. Good Luck.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 212

Pirogue

Reaction score
Jassman, some one installed the wrong lift on your truck? I would like to see better pictures of your setup particularly your bag set up.

Jassman

Reaction score
Jassman, some one installed the wrong lift on your truck? I would like to see better pictures of your setup particularly your bag set up.

A honest mistake was made when ordered by the vendor..I was looking at the 4" but liked the 6" look...and when the box's came late that day one of my employees called me and said he loaded everything in my F150 and I dropped the parts off the following morning. I unloaded them and my 350 was already there. I came back late that evening and the truck looked awesome...I said..man thats a tall looking 4" lift..he said, dude thats 6" all day long. I then opened the tailgate, and ya..its too high, but Ill make it work. Just one tuff looking lift that works flawlessly. The vender Cary at CT Performance immediately tried to make it right and admitted his mistake..which in my eyes was honorable, and goes a long way in my book. He's a good guy. The Parts would have been sent next day if I wanted to change.

The bags did not get finished today, ran out of time. I will take some pics of everything and put on here for you.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Did u have the Carli kit without the deavers and run traction blocks. Then swapped to the deavers. How tall was the traction block and do they sit the same.
I put the Carli kit on with the full Springs. It rode awesome but sagged more than I liked towing. And at the time they said their air bags may not work with a 5 inch exhaust so I went back to stock Springs and a 6 inch traction block. My truck sits level with the Carli 4.5 in front and 6 inch block in the rear.

1st last59

Reaction score
I see. I'm gonna try the add a pack and see how it does. Been waiting on a used set cause they expensive to just try. But I have a PMF traction block setup on mine now with 4.5" Carli springs in front.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't mind trying the mini packs. I actually wish I would have stuck with those when I got the lift instead of the upgraded full Deaver. However the full deavers do ride a lot better.

1st last59

Reaction score
Meant to say I love the green Sami in the pics. I been looking for me one that someone doesn't think it's made of gold.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Meant to say I love the green Sami in the pics. I been looking for me one that someone doesn't think it's made of gold.
Thanks. It was a 3 year project. Body off the frame and all sorts of stuff. I swapped in a 1.6 vw diesel in it also. We've got 3 samurais between my dad and I. 2 diesels and that white tiptop is a gas that we bought for parts but still wheel it.

Derail over op

Clomax

Reaction score
Not yet, unfortunately.

Carli has a before and after video of it on their FB page!

I took it directly to Carli with 600 miles on it. I'm sitting at 4500 mi now.

I've been trying to get up to Mammoth Mountain for some boarding and wheeling, but work and life gets in the way!

KingStroker

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread.
I'm sick of my rcx 4.5" and can't find anything negative on carli, so I'm about to bite the bullet and spend some retirement! Lol

I rarely offroad, but I would like to reserve the ability to; mildly of course. The trouble I am facing is whether to go with the "backcountry" or "performance" kit (4.5") from Carli.

The only difference is in shocks, but will there be a noticeable difference on rough roads in either one? I assume the "performance" would shine more in rougher terrain, but have no prior experience with any Carli systems at all.
Thanks in advance, and excuse my ignorance.

RSK

Reaction score
if you are not loading the bed with heavy stuff all the time, I'd go with the 4.5" lift and 37's otherwise if the bed will constantly get loaded with heavy stuff i wouldn't go more then the 2.5" and 35's my truck has the carli progressive rate 2.5" level coils with the fox shock tuned by carli and I run 35's and I use my truck for landscaping/snow plowing so snow blowers are have to get lifted in and out 20 times or more for some storms or loaded with ramps, i've loaded a pallet of salt in the bed, all sorts of stuff, having it lifted 4.5" on 37's would make it more a pain the azz. that's really the only con to lifting a truck in my eyes, you can add steps for the ladies and the fuel economy should still be decent with the lift.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread.
I'm sick of my rcx 4.5" and can't find anything negative on carli, so I'm about to bite the bullet and spend some retirement! Lol

I rarely offroad, but I would like to reserve the ability to; mildly of course. The trouble I am facing is whether to go with the "backcountry" or "performance" kit (4.5") from Carli.

The only difference is in shocks, but will there be a noticeable difference on rough roads in either one? I assume the "performance" would shine more in rougher terrain, but have no prior experience with any Carli systems at all.
Thanks in advance, and excuse my ignorance.

I'd get the pintop

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Getting carlis coilover triple bypass setup installed next week. So I'm kinda be biased but I'd get at least the pintop.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online