Carli vs Icon 2.5 level kit

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Buy carli springs OP. You will not have too much body roll.

Also do not buy anything bilstien unless it is coming from carli.
Fox is a different story and you can't go wrong.

The icon will definitely bet a stiffer ride if what your after is softness

gfulton

Reaction score
Buy carli springs OP. You will not have too much body roll.

Also do not buy anything bilstien unless it is coming from carli.
Fox is a different story and you can't go wrong.

The icon will definitely bet a stiffer ride if what your after is softness

He's got real soft hands Chris, probably be happier with the carlis....

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the words guys.

I do my best to beat any pricing you bring me. But sometimes ebay isn't the best place to be trying to price match. What may not be an authorized dealer, have it in stock, and definitely won't give you the customer service 24/7 some of us vendors offer.

I'll help anyone out the best I can.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Thanks for the words guys.

I do my best to beat any pricing you bring me. But sometimes ebay isn't the best place to be trying to price match. What may not be an authorized dealer, have it in stock, and definitely won't give you the customer service 24/7 some of us vendors offer.

I'll help anyone out the best I can.

I didn't buy from him because I got mine used but I did bother him with questions on some damn day he shouldn't have been replying. He's a good dude. Would recommend him any day of the week!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I didn't buy from him because I got mine used but I did bother him with questions on some damn day he shouldn't have been replying. He's a good dude. Would recommend him any day of the week!

x2 I asked him a bunch of questions too that he didn't have to take the time to answer. In the end him and I both being in Texas which would mean me having to pay a large chunk for taxes is the only reason why I didn't get my stuff through him.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Carli from what I was told by our rep over there is replacing all Bilstein kits with Fox shocks now. If you really want a smooth ride and something that will perform I'd say go with a 2.5" shock. Every kit we have done with the 2.5" shocks have blown the entry level 2.0" shocks out of the water. I think in part its due to the weight of the diesel trucks, and the more surface area on the pistons to absorb that transfer of motion.

From my personal experience you can't got wrong with either Carli or ICON, I personally run an ICON 2.5 leveling kit on my truck with the ICON 2.0 shocks. I think I will be switching to the 2.5" piggy back shocks soon. The ride is great with the 2.0's but I've done enough of the 2.5" shocks on these trucks to know it really makes the ride that much better with the 2.5" ones.

The PMF three link also makes a huge difference in ride and handling, we had a set on our 2012 shop truck and it really did dump all over the stock radius arm set up. Something else to consider any time you lift your truck and go with larger tires is traction bars, PMF has some really HIGH quality ones of those as well. We recently did a set on a customers 7" ICON kit and I was extremely impressed with the quality of them.

If you don't off road much you'll be fine with a 2" shock, but if you do occasionally take your truck off road for work or play the 2.5" is a worthy upgrade with no sacrifice at all in road manners ( rides even smoother on the street ). We get a lot of oil field guys in here buying lifts, the feed back from them mirrors my experience on it.

azdbllung

Reaction score
See I don't understand how the 3 link pmf system would ride any smoother than the stock radius arms. They both have 3 mounting points and with fixed mounting points they should literally ride the exact same. Now I've seen a 3 sink system where the top mounting point was secured by a gas shock of some sort and I can understand that being smoother, but I really cannot see why the 3 link system would be smoother my any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
azyhabev.jpg

They do improve the driving characteristics of the truck

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Whether it be PMF OR OUO on the "3 link" adjustable radius arm... Which were not getting into, they are there to help with the handling aspect of the suspension and steering. It has very little effect on the actual ride quality.

I will agree 100% that the weight of our truck is better handled by a 2.5 shock, but not everyone has $1500+ to spend just on shocks alone.

I recently went from fox 2.0 resis to fox 2.5 resis (with adjusters and custom valved them) and I can say it's money well spent. Is the extra $2,000 on shocks compared to $700 or $1,200 worth it to everyone? No. But the handling of the larger shock by far surpassed the 2.0 on and Offroad.
The carli/fox 2.0 shocks are very impressive for the price, and can only be improved with the upper level shock options.

I will not even sell anything bilstein without the customer sending me an agreement that the parts are what he/she wanted and are not suggested by us.

You really can't go wrong with either brand icon or carli

If anyone has anymore questions they need answered, or explained. Feel free to ask and pick my brain. I would be happy to share my experiences and get you setup with something you will enjoy rather than just sell you something you will want to replace later.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
See I don't understand how the 3 link pmf system would ride any smoother than the stock radius arms. They both have 3 mounting points and with fixed mounting points they should literally ride the exact same. Now I've seen a 3 sink system where the top mounting point was secured by a gas shock of some sort and I can understand that being smoother, but I really cannot see why the 3 link system would be smoother my any means.

Because its adjustable. So instead of having a single swing point where the front axle will tilt downward at droop or increased lift, you can now get the axle perfectly level ( no arched spring ) and it the spring can then compress and expand in a N / S motion instead of a N / S motion with a forward bulge. You just can adjust for that with a non adjustable radius arm.

Last edited:

azdbllung

Reaction score
Right, but it's hard for me to believe that the ride is night and day different as some have posted. Sure they are adjustable, but at the end of the day, 3 fixed mounting points will create the same motion. 4-link is an actual difference, but I think ppl may be buying into the look of the 3 link rather than the ugly radius arms. And do they justify $900 price tag?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Right, but it's hard for me to believe that the ride is night and day different as some have posted. Sure they are adjustable, but at the end of the day, 3 fixed mounting points will create the same motion. 4-link is an actual difference, but I think ppl may be buying into the look of the 3 link rather than the ugly radius arms. And do they justify $900 price tag?

Personally I prefer the look of a 4 link system, but the 3 link has proven to be more stable in my experience.

With the 4 link I had sloppy steering. With that loose feeling. Also had a cosiderable amount of body roll. Was is smooth YES.

The adjustable radius arms tightened everything back up, and in the the end I would rather have a tighter more controlled vehicle and adjust shock/ coil option to get the better ride.

Having loose steering or body roll just means you will be spending more money on sway bars, stabelizers, gear boxes, etc.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Same motion, but with the axle located in a different area. Its hard to explain, but the radius arm the higher the truck goes the axle gets pulled back further towards to rear of the fender. With the adjustable 3 link or even 4 link for that matter ( though ride characteristics diff from one to the other ) you can get better geometry and keep the axle in the correct location. When you factor in the drag link, track bar, shocks and springs are also affected when the axle is shifted further back you'll kinda of understand what I mean. Also the pivot points for the steering knuckles being lined up vertically rather than tilted forward makes a difference.

Latest posts

Members online