Castastrophic oil cooler ruptured!!? and egr cooler

junglejoe

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but you're probably right.

Yes because there was no way for me to flush the cooling system with the oil cooler ruptured. I'm going to order it because I have no plans of getting rid of my truck. It would take 30 minutes to replace it with the remote mount versus all weekend! Sounds like a win win situation to me.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Turbo install kit has the 3 turbo bolts, drain tube o rings, oil feed gasket, and oil feed o ring

junglejoe

Reaction score
Turbo install kit has the 3 turbo bolts, drain tube o rings, oil feed gasket, and oil feed o ring

Thanks for the info! because now that this is mentioned, the gasket tore when I took the supply line off.
What about the screen on the valve that everyone says clogs up with dirt and gunk and will cause stalls and lack of power. Can't think of the name right this second..

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! because now that this is mentioned, the gasket tore when I took the supply line off.

What about the screen on the valve that everyone says clogs up with dirt and gunk and will cause stalls and lack of power. Can't think of the name right this second..

Probably ipr valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patricku47

Reaction score
My local Ford dealer had the IPR screens on the shelf, you may try that first. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but if you go back with a factory style oil cooler, be sure you only use OEM Ford parts. I have seen Dorman coolers fail in just a few thousand miles.

Snake

Reaction score
Yes because there was no way for me to flush the cooling system with the oil cooler ruptured. I'm going to order it because I have no plans of getting rid of my truck. It would take 30 minutes to replace it with the remote mount versus all weekend! Sounds like a win win situation to me.

Who's kit are you looking at?

junglejoe

Reaction score
Here is the kit I am going to get Snake. I didn't know there was any others?http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/product_p/vk688-300.htm

On the oil coolers patricku47, I'm going to use a dorman the first time, because I know for a fact it's going to clog up pretty quickly because the oil cooler ruptured and I could not flush it.. I even thought about throwing a dorman in there right now before I put the remote mount just to clean everything. But I suppose I can just wait and do all the cleaning once I get the mount on.

Snake

Reaction score
Here is the kit I am going to get Snake. I didn't know there was any others?http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/product_p/vk688-300.htm

On the oil coolers patricku47, I'm going to use a dorman the first time, because I know for a fact it's going to clog up pretty quickly because the oil cooler ruptured and I could not flush it.. I even thought about throwing a dorman in there right now before I put the remote mount just to clean everything. But I suppose I can just wait and do all the cleaning once I get the mount on.

There used to be some others out there, but you definitely found the best one. Buy with confidence.

However, I'd recommend getting an OEM oil cooler and an aftermarket coolant filter instead of running a Dorman. They've had very questionable reliability and I personally don't trust them.

junglejoe

Reaction score
DEFIANTLY getting the coolant filter. I was Only going to use the dorman because I couldn't flush it before I took it apart. Flush it with the cheap oil cooler, and then put the OEM cooler on.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Well... I took the EGR valve out to have a look..TOTALLY GUMMED UP AND WET!! That means the egr cooler ruptured too,right?

junglejoe

Reaction score
Well lucky for me today!! I found a bullet prove egr with less than a 1000 miles on it for $100!!! Fixing to weld this beech shut!

junglejoe

Reaction score
I think it would be easier to just weld it up and it would look stock just in case.. well ya know.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Couple pics of the EGR valve. Its some sticky chit on there! Cant tell if it's oil or water mixed or both...

Attachments

• ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 56
  • ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 54
  • )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 55

junglejoe

Reaction score
Well I went to replace the sct fittings, since I'm in it this far, looks like ford already replaced them when the previous owner had them do all the warranty work. The IPR valve looks new and clean too!

Attachments

• IPR screen.jpg
    IPR screen.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 48
  • sct fittings.jpg
    sct fittings.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Members online