cfd 6.7 kit

BlueOx

Reaction score
It's only fact that confederate diesel blow up engines!

BUILT engines for everyone wether they want it or not!! Hahaha

Forced upgrades?! Lmao

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Ray

Reaction score
null_zpsc994a049.jpg

null_zps99d7b6e0.jpg

null_zpsf41dc7c0.jpg

null_zps6061bb41.jpg

null_zps4aaedb1b.jpg

null_zpsbf84286c.jpg

null_zps8f658299.jpg

null_zps8730665a.jpg

oneton

Reaction score
brand new...........seperate thread than the one on comp d.....different truck and owner

BlueOx

Reaction score
Holy $hit! Look at that quality craftsmanship! Lmao

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Trainwreck!! Crazy these guys are having their way with 50+ k dollar trucks like they are 1982 350v8 camaros. Just nuts.

PSA CEO

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im pretty sure sootboy , in one of his immaculate threads, told me to get back to him once i had a build, until then i was just a keyboard racer. maybe one day.

note to future shops, do some f'ing research before you run your mouth.

oneton

Reaction score
That's what I'm screamin! The boys at RCD, MPD, SPE, and ELITE should take notes lmao!

one thing for sure cfd is at the forfront for...............................chitty work,dont think anyone can touch them on that aspect

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing about how this kit was a "rushed" job too, and thats why the quality suffered. What a freaking joke! So sorry to the OP and to Dan. Dan, I'm not too far south of CADP, if you ever make it towards Utah let me know so I can come check out your finished product!

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
So my factory turbo went out back at the end of Jan it was still drivable the turbo was just squealing. I had called a couple places and no one had an actual release date so I waited a few more months and drove my other truck till someone released a kit. On May 17 I decided to order the cfd billet 66 kit I wasn't very happy with the condition of the box when it was delivered but I accepted it and made sure everything was there and I was missing the oil line and the rear oil fitting looked liked someone attacked it with a grinder. I called the shop and talked with Evan and they sent me the oil line and said the fitting was ground to clear. I moved the truck to my dads shop to do the install and I filled the truck up at that time. I had gotten some bad diesel and the whole fuel system was replaced. I managed to get a 55% over cp4 out of the deal. While the truck was at the shop I cleaned up the inside of the headers because I wasnt happy with the inside welds and the up pipe was the same way I even removed pieces of mig wire from the up pipe. June 16th I decided to put the billet wheel in the turbo and found out I had been sent a 63mm wheel not a 66mm and talked with Evan on the 19th and that's when he sent the new wheel and informed me that the bolts for the headers and up pipes might be the wrong ones and sent me the correct bolts with the wheel.

Its now the middle of July when I got my truck back and actually started to install the kit. Once everything was out I bolted the turbo to the pedestal and found out that the 2 stainless bolts were about an inch to long I cut them to the right size then set the pedestal in place and tried bolting it up but the holes didn't line up at all. I waited till Monday and called cfd and was told by Evan the it was a mess up on that batch of pedestals and it would be fine to grind the hole bigger. Once that was done and I thought I was just about done with install I tried bolting the upper intake manifold on and it didn't line up it was almost 1.5 inches off I called cfd again and when I said I had a problem with the intake Evan asked if it was hitting the hood (I didn't know at that time it would end up hitting) he told me to pull the intake apart it probably got damaged in shipping I then talked with Justin and told him I didn't feel comfortable trying to pull it apart that much so he sent a new one. When the new one came in on the July 31st the welds weren't ground smooth and it still didn't quite fit but was only off 1/8" so I pulled it apart enough to fit and finished the install on august 4th. I had a friend make a mcc tune since it was a sunday and cfd was closed I checked everything for leaks and it seemed ok I drove the truck approximately 2hrs total until aug 6th when Justin sent me his tune. I loaded it and drove for maybe an hour until it started knocking. I took a vid and it was sent to Evan. I was told that was the powerstroke typewriter tick or something and it would go away so I drove it that night and it completely died while driving home. It was towed the rest of the way and the whole underside was coated with oil. When I started looking at the truck I realized it was leaking from the rear oil fitting in front of the trans. the motor ended up going do to lack of oil there was maybe a quart left in the pan.
Im not saying in any way that the motor went because of cfd tunes because the tune I had first was much more aggressive I do however believe the oil fitting was the big factor in it letting go so soon.

The customer support at cfd was good but they didn't have much of a choice since everything that was wrong was their fault until they fix their quality control issues I wouldn't recommend the kit to anyone and the fit and finish of the cfd is not worth the asking price by any means

I think they mean well they just don't have the ability to put out quality products

Im currently looking into options for a built motor and twins and if anyone in or around College Station would like to see the kit first hand you can pm me and I'd be happy to let you see it

It's only fact that confederate diesel blow up engines!

BUILT engines for everyone wether they want it or not!! Hahaha

Forced upgrades?! Lmao

Not taking up for CFD and I know a lot of you love drama and a bash fest BUT at some point regardless of the vendors serious quality control issues the owner /installer has to be held accountable for the install.

I applaud the OP for stating ALL the facts and not just placing all the blame on the vendor, something some of you should take note,

Carry on.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Trainwreck!! Crazy these guys are having their way with 50+ k dollar trucks like they are 1982 350v8 camaros. Just nuts.

PSA CEO

I told you so. Just want to get that out of the way. I'm 3 for 3

To the OP: If I can lend you a hand in anyway, don't hesitate to le me know! Welcome to the site. Glad to have ya

oneton

Reaction score
im pretty sure sootboy , in one of his immaculate threads, told me to get back to him once i had a build, until then i was just a keyboard racer. maybe one day.

note to future shops, do some f'ing research before you run your mouth.

hmmmm,been what minimum 3 members here been too dpc,none have been from them.coincidence,i think not

Latest posts

Members online