Compounds?

sethafrye

Reaction score
I am just curious as to why you are mounting the lp in the bed?
We want to see if it helps with BP and egt's, and to have room and less heat under the hood. I'm also strange I guess and want something different. Toolbox will be made to cover the turbo, and possibly a ice box but that's just a thought on the ice box. I'm sure some will call it stupid, and many other things lol but it's worth a try to see how it works out to me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
We want to see if it helps with BP and egt's, and to have room and less heat under the hood. I'm also strange I guess and want something different. Toolbox will be made to cover the turbo, and possibly a ice box but that's just a thought on the ice box. I'm sure some will call it stupid, and many other things lol but it's worth a try to see how it works out to me.

e96038e630c51b971753af19f66eb551.jpg

It works.. Mike Halas built a few bed mounted turbo setups, not because he thought that was the best way to do it, just because it was easy to mount a huge turbo without having to move anything under the hood... Sleeper factor too because his second bed mount setup he did the same thing and mounted the turbo in a toolbox.

sethafrye

Reaction score
e96038e630c51b971753af19f66eb551.jpg

It works.. Mike Halas built a few bed mounted turbo setups, not because he thought that was the best way to do it, just because it was easy to mount a huge turbo without having to move anything under the hood... Sleeper factor too because his second bed mount setup he did the same thing and mounted the turbo in a toolbox.
That's awesome! I wasn't thinking I would be the first, but it will still be different. It is much easier, and sleeper is kinda what I was going for un till wot, pretty sure it will sound pretty good for a dd. I'm glad to know it was done and worked good, but my challenge will still be using vgt for hp

scparrish

Reaction score
I had only seen the bed mount setup on gasser turbo builds. In our application it seems like it would introduce extra lag, but that's just my speculation.

pullandpray

Reaction score
Custom up pipes t4 mount kicked sideways with the exhuast facing forward, t6 s400 right on the exhaust outlet mounded sideways and a saws all for the hood done. With a big enough gate I really don't see how drive pressure will be much more than 1:1

sethafrye

Reaction score
Good luck, i am very curious as to how this is gonna work out.
Thanks, and I am too. Sickness going around has slowed progress a little. I'll be posting vids once it is done, and if everything works out, dyno numbers as well

sethafrye

Reaction score
So at this point it's still a mock up. S@B intake will not be used, just looks stupid lol I have seen where people use filter right off the turbo, how does that work Not using mass air meter?... Also should be crancking it up tonight, if all goes good I'll post a video

sethafrye

Reaction score
Had truck running last night, driving it tonight so I'll get vids

swinky

Reaction score
Had truck running last night, driving it tonight so I'll get vids

Im very interested in the setup. I'd love to have a bed mounted 480 behind a 369. Or a 488 if all the extra piping doesnt increase lag too much.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Haller did a few bed mount turbo setups, everyone seemed to like them. I've seen a gas Chevy running around my area with a single bed mounted turbo. They ran it like that to avoid having to use an intercooler, seemed to work OK for them. Not really much different than one of those Squires Turbo rear mount systems they run on cars. No reason it shouldn't work. I like it.

Latest posts

Members online