constant light smoke

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Golfer, where should i look in regards to that "miss". It's always sounded like that for as long as i can remember. I've never measured the voltage because i live in FL and figure the GPR is useless 99% of the year

Swaan

Reaction score
I agree with golfer. You have one cylinder not firing 100%. Little bit of a miss.

Looking at your vid , if you look closely at the blowby its looks like it's chuffing. Indicating to me it's got a week hole. The blowby should be smooth and steady with no pulsation.

Do a compresion test and find out. Other wise your just guessing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just ran a cct, all came back good.
cct can go either way.. it tests and makes sure every cylinder is working equally. could be equally good or equally bad... I would check gpr voltage. unless the motor is at operating temps then the gpr will activate. but I would strongly suggest doing what golfer says and get a compression test done...

im on my phone so I cant quite make out the miss from the video. but I do hear a hesitation every now and then..

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
Im with Swaan and golfer- a definite 'chuh, chuh' when the camera was at the pipe. My motor doesnt go quite that far, but its idle note changes a little as the oil goes from cold to hot. Not quite as smooth..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I heard it now... it does have a very slight thump to it... I had to put my phone on my bed and go across the room to listen to the clip to make it clearer...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
The miss? An injector not working or you have a bad hole. If it followed the injector swap and didnt do it before that I would lean towards that.

Its all guessing until you get those injectors sent out or do a ct or both.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just throwing this out there but with all the issues I have been having with my dually and the cam moving, I can make idle changes by shimming the cps or removing shims...

live life full throttle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
ok guys, thread revival. Finally got a chance to pull some compression numbers.

2=400
4=450
6=450
8=400

1=450
5=450

For some reason i couldnt get the adapter from the kit to thread into 5 and 7, dont ask me why. The glow plugs would thread in fine no problem. Threads didnt look jacked up or anything.

How do the numbers look? There is a guy local that i just talked to and he swapped from pis to FFD injectors and is having the exact same issues as i am. So i'm thinking compression is fine and its and injector issue

Latest posts

Members online