CPS gear contact?

79jasper

Reaction score
Damn. Good luck finding one of those tools. Apparently it's a "cmp air gap tool." But no one has one. One site advertised $700 some, but didn't say they had it or not.
But I did find this; "You don't really need to use the tool if you have AE and you know how to use it.

1. Get your readings with the CMP installed with no shim.

2. Then Installm one shim and get your readings, drive at least 10-15 miles to let it adjust.

3. If the numbers look better you can add a 2nd shim, an on.

4. If the numbers start to go bad, remove your last shim."

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Damn. Good luck finding one of those tools. Apparently it's a "cmp air gap tool." But no one has one. One site advertised $700 some, but didn't say they had it or not.
But I did find this; "You don't really need to use the tool if you have AE and you know how to use it.

1. Get your readings with the CMP installed with no shim.

2. Then Installm one shim and get your readings, drive at least 10-15 miles to let it adjust.

3. If the numbers look better you can add a 2nd shim, an on.

4. If the numbers start to go bad, remove your last shim."

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
what numbers are you looking for?

it definitely drives a lot better. I actually took her down the road last night. with the 3 paper shims it idled fantastic but had slight contact. I added 2 more paper shims and idle got a lil worse but it is responsive as hell now. wonder if I should remove one to even it back out... ill have to check the cps again anyway to see if the new paint is whipped away.

Reaction score
Its funny everyone had such a bad experience with the BW CPS. I installed one for the hell of it any my truck has never ran so good. I was previously running the ford recall grey sensor. Also everyone complaining of the bucking under throttle and when it was raining your issue is most likely coming from the Wiper motor ground interfering with the CPS signal. Easy Fix it to give it its own ground.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Your cam gear is walking off the camshaft. It is just a press fit and should be TIG welded after pressing the gear on to achieve proper camshaft end play for any engine rebuild - especially a performance build.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
looky what I found
najybyja.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Must I explain.......finding a black OEM sensor.

Billy T.
[email protected]
That was a total accident too.. when I was looking on amazon I ordered 3 cps's from various places. one was the delphi grey but the pic showed a black. the other two where a bw and a no name but those are built like the old style fat end blacks but not as strong magnet wise. the black delphi I ordered on accident by bumping the one click buy/ship option and I didnt mean it. so I ordered 2 more on purpose hoping that they will be the same oem black...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
did some comparing and holy fugin chit. its a ton of difference. I mean I always knew how much difference there was but when I actually tested it out, its amazing. these are the last size drill bits that the magnet would hold for each cps.
u4a9e9y5.jpg

I measured the hight and I actually thought that the black one was shorter but it turns out that its a hair longer and I am wondering if it was the reason that the shims where used so I may need to shim the old style even more.
zytu9yme.jpg
rapure4e.jpg

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online