Custom Turbo Setups and Pictures

co04cobra

Reaction score
My avatar is yours Seth.....I was in to big a hurry to install mine there were no pictures. lol

Thats alright with me. I thought that looked like a pretty nice setup:D. I think you need to let me get you another 7.3 and build one more. :poke:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Irate Diesel T4 Wastegated Mount w/PTE DBB Billet 76mm

I didn't build this like some of the builder/drivers on this thread...but thought Jake's work on this kit might be worthy of review.

Up pipes/intermediate pipe ceramic coated
IC pipes powdercoated
Mishimoto 6.0 IC (bolted right in)

Tried to get some closeups of the oil supply/return lines he uses, as well as his craftsmanship on the Wastegate/downpipe/plumbing.

Have seen 50+ psi with 350/200s on tune #5 of #6 before I back out. Haven't got a data log to post with drive pressure vs. boost. Using the factory BP sensor (reads absolute) and catching a glimpse at the screen during a run looks like 1:1 to around 35 psi.

Don't bag on me to hard about my boots/clamps. I've been fighting boost leaks, and had the VCs off a couple times now..meant to change a couple of the boots/clamps around, but I'm holding boost for now..it's my only means...I'll get it squared away here in a bit.

Before install pics (click on first pic for a video)-

i-ZMSv9dg-X2.jpg

i-2CwHj8b-L.jpg

i-QrZNqSW-L.jpg

i-c84zCnt-L.jpg

i-xTbLkWK-L.jpg

After install video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCRdHCZ5EM

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have Jake's mount kit from Irate too. Mine is the stainless uppie version. (He offers two versions. Thought I would throw that out there.) For his price and quality of workmanship, its hard to justify building your own. IMO

64647375_photobucket_63462_.jpg

64647375_photobucket_63463_.jpg

64647375_photobucket_63464_.jpg

64647375_photobucket_63466_.jpg

64647375_photobucket_63467_.jpg

64647375_photobucket_63468_.jpg

I know this isn't a fuel system thread, but you can also see his stainless custom bent hard lines! I can't help it. They're too nice not to point them out!

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I didn't build this like some of the builder/drivers on this thread...but thought Jake's work on this kit might be worthy of review.

Up pipes/intermediate pipe ceramic coated
IC pipes powdercoated
Mishimoto 6.0 IC (bolted right in)

Tried to get some closeups of the oil supply/return lines he uses, as well as his craftsmanship on the Wastegate/downpipe/plumbing.

Have seen 50+ psi with 350/200s on tune #5 of #6 before I back out. Haven't got a data log to post with drive pressure vs. boost. Using the factory BP sensor (reads absolute) and catching a glimpse at the screen during a run looks like 1:1 to around 35 psi.

Don't bag on me to hard about my boots/clamps. I've been fighting boost leaks, and had the VCs off a couple times now..meant to change a couple of the boots/clamps around, but I'm holding boost for now..it's my only means...I'll get it squared away here in a bit.

Before install pics (click on first pic for a video)-

i-ZMSv9dg-X2.jpg

i-2CwHj8b-L.jpg

i-QrZNqSW-L.jpg

i-c84zCnt-L.jpg

i-xTbLkWK-L.jpg

After install video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCRdHCZ5EM

I second your opinion on Jake's kit. I helped vanderchevy18 with his build and the kit was top notch! I can't wait to buy a different dd/tow rig so I can pull my pmr motor and build it up with one of Jake's kits.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I think something that is worth mentioning to diyers is the tolerance on the base plate. It needs to be machined flat and thick enough not to distort under the weight of the turbo. I remember a thread a while back on the other forum about a guy that had an entirely too thin base and it wasn't machined flat. Huge oil leak.

a_moore

Reaction score
I think something that is worth mentioning to diyers is the tolerance on the base plate. It needs to be machined flat and thick enough not to distort under the weight of the turbo. I remember a thread a while back on the other forum about a guy that had an entirely too thin base and it wasn't machined flat. Huge oil leak.

Every one that I built was precision surface ground on the face of the collector, and on the bottom of the bed plate.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

That was the base on the kit i bought from NYcowboy!... its got a base from Irate now though

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So just the two holes and you use the regular o rings...

some use both holes, some just use one hole and then they drain the turbo somewhere else, probably the mechanical fuel pump hole at that point!

The biggest thing is having a base plate that will stay flat, never ever ever warp, and is just bulky so you dont have to worry about any leaking down there. Dont ask me how i know, just make sure its thick haha

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Won't help most with placement, but maybe give a better idea of how the whole system works.

002-15.jpg