Custom Turbo Setups and Pictures

Powersmoker

Reaction score
S480 with hypermax t4I mount kit

180175_10150136258541181_500746180_8555852_857521_n.jpg

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Newest Setup: s480 with Murff Racing t4 Mount Kit. Still needs powder coating

207876_10150225242871181_500746180_9141543_7482441_n.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You went from an S480 to an S480? All you did was switch from T4i to T4? Whats the advantage there

It opens up more options on the turbine side of the charger as well as turbine housing options. To mount an S400 based turbo on a T4i an exhaust housing has to be machined to fit the turbine wheel - I'm not sure what turbine wheels they can accomodate, but I am pretty sure that turbine A/R is somewhat limited, and I don't believe that you can use the largest turbine wheel available for an S400 turbo.

Bottom line is there is so much more to a turbo than just the compressor side.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

click the picture my compound setup is there. lots of pics. went through the piping a few times. (3) i think it came out well.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
It opens up more options on the turbine side of the charger as well as turbine housing options. To mount an S400 based turbo on a T4i an exhaust housing has to be machined to fit the turbine wheel - I'm not sure what turbine wheels they can accomodate, but I am pretty sure that turbine A/R is somewhat limited, and I don't believe that you can use the largest turbine wheel available for an S400 turbo.

Bottom line is there is so much more to a turbo than just the compressor side.

Thanks! Slowly learning on the whole turbo side of things here... That makes more sense though, T4 is more accommodating than T4i

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
looks good kyle.Have you dynoed it?

no not yet. still trying to finish it yet. lots of work in the shop,and lots of pipe issues under my own hood,has severly slowed this build down. but the piping is pretty much done now. things should move alot faster now.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I wish i could fab up stuff halfway decent. I have a entire spare motor sitting in the shop, a TIG welder, a stick welder, and a buddy that is a manager at Fastenal. I'm just itching to make myself a turbo set-up, but i know that with my skill it wouldn't fit in the truck and would look like a pile of dog **** compared to everybody elses.LOL

you could always to the cutting, tacking together, mock up, and then just take it to a shop and have it finish welded.

JD3020

Reaction score
you could always to the cutting, tacking together, mock up, and then just take it to a shop and have it finish welded.

I have all my welding taken care of, one of my buddies would TIG everything for me. So thats the least of my worries. But its the part about laying everything out, getting it to fit right, and making it all fit in the truck. I'm wanting to be an engineer though, so i'm working figuring it all out. But i gotta find a turbo before i do anything. :poke:

Homesteader

Reaction score
Wow guys that some good pics and info there. I getting ready to do my build and right now I'm trying to nail down a turbo and kit for my set up. Goal is 600 hopefully onstock bottom. Any ideas? I have been looking at a few turbo's gtx4294r,Kasb,custom s400.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online