Dallas @ HSM: Single Cab 6.7

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going orange on this one. Just ordered up the powder. Should be shooting by the first of the week.

Thoughts on coating the compressor cover to match?

Kind

Reaction score
Short bed conversion may be in the future but for now I will most likely just be doing the DJM drop kit. It lowers it 3" in the front and 5" in the rear.

One area of concern you may want to address is how DJM flips the rear springs. The bracket they use is weak and has broken on me. Never street driving but at the track it lasted about 15 passes and then my pinion was touching my box. We fixed it by taking the stock spring perches and welding them on the bottom of the axle. Then just bolted the u-bolts from the top down. Set my pinion angle and it has never been an issues since. Tossed the DJM spring perch in the garbage.

I'm with Zane and Cathy... Trips. Trips. Trips.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You can also get a 'Hanger and Shackle' rear drop kit from ChassisTech. That's what I got for my 6.7L, just haven't made the time to install it because Ford decided to weld the darn hangers (in addition to the rivets) starting in 2008. I just couldn't bring myself to order the flip kit type of drop.

Hopefully I will be getting mine installed soon...just waiting for the race truck to come off the lift so the 6.7L can tie it up for a while.

Kind

Reaction score
Kind, do you have any pictures of your truck?

No. I never took any pics of the rear once we re-did it.

You might be better off using the chassis tech shackle and hanger setup for a street truck if you want to stick with a kit. But like mentioned you have rivets and welds to cut off the factory hangers and shackles. I'm thinking it would be simpler and cheaper to just relocate the factory perch from the top of the axle to the rear, put the springs under the axle, get some new u-bolts and pinion shims and call it good.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I don't. I've had them for close to 1.5 years now. All of those emails are long gone, and the paperwork is filed away in 2013 tax files.

If you call ChassisTech, I'm sure they can look up the sale. Just mention that they were build and sold to Dennis @ Strictly Diesel in Phoenix, AZ back in December of 2013. They may have built and sold more since...but mine were the first ones they did according to the guy I dealt with there.

Reaction score
Ok, because I looked on their site and didn't see anything for the 2011 and newer trucks. I will give them a call and see what they say. Thanks for the info Dennis.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Here is the guy I dealt with, hope it helps:

Yuri Pham
Airbagit.com/Chassistech
480.668.5448 phone
480.668.5442 fax

Reaction score
Thanks Dennis. I'll give them a shout and see what they can do. I'm super torn between just lowering the rear to level it out or doing a full lowering kit that drops the front and rear. Decisions decisions....

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
If you are not in a hurry, don't do anything just yet. My TC is on the way back so the lift my race truck is sitting on will hopefully free up in the next week or so. After that my 6.7L goes under the knife. Not sure how long it will take as I will likely only be working on it on weekends, between "honey-dos" and whatever else I need to do...but it shouldn't take too long once it's on the lift.

Reaction score
I might just wait then. I'm not in a big hurry to do anything suspension wise other than getting a set of CalTracs on this thing so it will actually launch half decent and do rolling burnouts without feeling like you're bucking along I-70 through Colorado (worst road I have ever been on).

Latest posts

Members online