Diesel Power mag to test MTW vs. Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

01PSD

Reaction score
Sheesh everyone seemingly jumped on Adrian like he was a villain or something. Happy with his response? Good posts man, hopefully you can use this as motivation to improve.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Sheesh everyone seemingly jumped on Adrian like he was a villain or something. Happy with his response? Good posts man, hopefully you can use this as motivation to improve.

Looked like just one guy jumped him? Seemed kinda odd to me too. I personally know I few guys with MTW turbos and are extremely happy. :confused:

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

the chad

Reaction score
Still no complaints with mine. And Adrian I agree with you, being compared with a larger company such as elite is def a good thing. Either way the end result is bigger and better things with either parties involved

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I was one of Adrian's first customers with the duramax, then a stage 1 now a hybrid II and am in line for a MadMax once it's proven.
The guy is as stand up and back up his products as any giant company with billions in revenue and he is neither.

The roads been rough but were developers and take the risk of something not running 100% from the bottom to the top.

I've ran at least 15 tunes from 4 different tuners and each has it's pluses and minuses. Throw in each year truck has it's own quirks and its a moving target to say the least.
I'm a Fan of MTW and will be for a long time.

Denny

Vizsla

Reaction score
Good response. For me, little hard to take, long and short, selling turbos that don't perform based on your own conclusions as to what works and doesn't. Surely it's tough, taking a power max and making it perform worse, but it seems you are willing to learn from it. I certainly wish you the best of luck, but you should really rethink the whole 13 blade turbine, that would make a big difference IMO. Can we hear the actual hp tq numbers? I remember your comment on how the DP test numbers were too low, and you did not want to participate because you felt the tuner was inadequate, but on an acurate dyno, I assure you those numbers are spot on, ran the same combo, everything matched, track time also. No hate intended, strictly curious for thoughts.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Yeah I also think it's kinda bs that if your run the test the results should be posted no matter what not withheld because they weren't any good. Good luck to the guys at mtw.

loboost

Reaction score
Yeah I also think it's kinda bs that if your run the test the results should be posted no matter what not withheld because they weren't any good. Good luck to the guys at mtw.

I'm really surprised dp mag isn't gonna run it

Vizsla

Reaction score
I'm really surprised dp mag isn't gonna run it

No, they shouldn't, why would they intentionally point out a mistake from a newcomer that still needs some learning. Not good for anyone, and in this day and age, is admirable. One fail, he obviously has a second shot at redemption, let him have it, proper old school journalism. Fail twice would be different. Still want the numbers though.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Yes, post the numbers Adrian, out of respect......

loboost

Reaction score
No, they shouldn't, why would they intentionally point out a mistake from a newcomer that still needs some learning. Not good for anyone, and in this day and age, is admirable. One fail, he obviously has a second shot at redemption, let him have it, proper old school journalism. Fail twice would be different. Still want the numbers though.

On a different note...didn't dp do a comparison of an mtw turbo & a pmax on the red truck a while back? I could be mistaken...but I think I remember reading ut

Vizsla

Reaction score
On a different note...didn't dp do a comparison of an mtw turbo & a pmax on the red truck a while back? I could be mistaken...but I think I remember reading ut

It doesn't matter, all the 10 blade turbines have performed. It is a dead argument now. Consumers should buy what they like, and be happy. This debate should end now, with no further discussion. Buy an MTW, or buy another product. To each his own, it should be locked now.

loboost

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, all the 10 blade turbines have performed. It is a dead argument now. Consumers should buy what they like, and be happy. This debate should end now, with no further discussion. Buy an MTW, or buy another product. To each his own, it should be locked now.

Lol

Easier answer would've been a simple "I don't know".

And they can't lock it yet...you haven't gotten your numbers yet

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

This isn't saying I think they should run it and bash MTW..... But I remember when MTW was even newer and he was making big claims and how his turbos are better than others on the market.... And even rember him calling them lazy if I remember right, probably don't have it worded right. I don't have time to find it.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
This isn't saying I think they should run it and bash MTW..... But I remember when MTW was even newer and he was making big claims and how his turbos are better than others on the market.... And even rember him calling them lazy if I remember right, probably don't have it worded right. I don't have time to find it.

Yes you are right, that was a bad choice of words and it was intended at the time at someone else. I was mislead from a vendor that told me things that were not true and I was associated at the time. I apologized about out the whole thing in the open already and regret letting them use me. I broke off being associated when I found out some of the things they were doing, that I didn't want involved with.

As far as the numbers I don't have them, I was just told that the 64mm powermax I built made less then the powermax horsepower, but spooled quicker and was fun to drive on the street. I believe Diesel power told me that the turbo made 14 rwhp less then the powermax, but made more torque. They didn't give me anything, or the dyno graph so I just don't have the info you want. I can tell you based on what the other turbo I built tested the torque starts at about 1200 and peaks at 2000, then flat lines and falls on it's face at about 2800 rpm. The 11 blade compressor needs to have a bigger turbine to turn it right. Same problem I ran into on the 66mm, I have tweaks for both the 64 and 66 coming. I hope that answers all the questions, thanks.

Reaction score
Hybrid

I got a Hybrid from Adrian, and compared to the PowerMax I had on there. Well there was no comparison. I had more power and torque on our dynojet. It was a totally different truck. I can't wait to test the MadMax.

Bubba88

Reaction score
I've been dealing with Adrian since the beginning and I have had the DuraStroke, Stage 1, and Stage 2 (currently on the truck). I have been impressed with each turbo. The Stage 1 was excellent for stock sticks or 155s for daily driving/towing. The Stage 2 I have now spools just as quick as stock but has a great deal more on the top end. I know many people have complained about the turnaround time and customer service "responsiveness". I understand it can be a pain but he's only one man still working a full-time job, trying to keep up with turbo orders, answer phones, and still manage to try and create more options for people out there. The turbos become much more popular than anticipated and with that came more business. My intent is not to make excuses to Adrian but trying to put some info out. Adrian has acknowledged that the customer service and turnaround time has been lack luster and he is in the middle of building the company and shop to handle the orders as well as provide better products to cut down on some of the issues people have had with certain turbos.

Also, Elite Diesel is an extraordinary company with an excellent proven track record. They make quality products with great results. I have spoken to a couple of their sales guys numerous times and they have been very helpful.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380842999.684230.jpg

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online