DT360 Excursion

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome build. I would like to see pictures and some feedback on the serpentine belt conversion. That had always seemed like the one drawback to the DT360.

Chris

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome build. I would like to see pictures and some feedback on the serpentine belt conversion. That had always seemed like the one drawback to the DT360.

Chris

Chris did you ever see Cory's rig? He came out to one of the upstate GTG's with his truck, I snapped a couple pics. Pretty cool setup.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Slow, ill get pic's. Ive got a ton of trucks to wrench on, which is awesome. But the EX goes down on the priority list.

I'm going to go with a single and a ton of nitrous just to get it rolling this summer. I also have a ton of suspension work to do.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Man I'm interested in this! Got a 86 ford that I'm wanting to take the idi out and swap something in that isn't so common.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I just dropped the crank back off at performance engineering to get re-balanced and the end of the crank checked and mated to the ATI damper. Still need to machine the serpentine pullies though.

Swamp, have you started it yet????

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Jim, I have been doing assembly! Will be ordering a balancer soon though. Trying not to get the engine done before the rest of the truck! Soon as I hear it run I'm going to want to drive it! Truck is halfway back together

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I like the ATI balancer, but that hub is way longer than it needs to be so its going to make it hard to gauge where to stop pressing it on. There has to be enough room left behind it for the seal to sit on the crank.

Did you have problems with the crank scoring when you took the factory balancer off??

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That's not good. It looks like im going to need a 40 ton press to get that thing all the way on there.

ghohouston

Reaction score
What are your plans with your leaf springs, i would imagine that motor weighs a good bit more than a powerstroke? Or are you gonna just leave it and see how it does?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
This motor weighs roughly 400 pounds more stock to stock. I had custom overloads made for my front end, but I also went to an Allison trans as well. Between the motor and trans, I went up roughly 700 more pounds up front minus adding more to the motor by going with 2 much larger turbos and all kinds of other stuff. Plus this bad boy does hold 17 qts of oil

ghohouston

Reaction score
thats a good bit more weight! and hell, a 7.3 holds 15 qts, so thats not too bad, you guys are really making me want to find an old 360 and a donor truck, if yall dont mind me asking, what kind of funds do you guys have into these swaps? i understand motor prices are gonna be different depending on where they come from, but as far as adapter plates, pump/head work, injectors, etc...

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I'm not running adapter plates. Allison 1000 bolts right up using a 2000 converter housing. I have roughly 5k into mine including buying the motor and should see roughly 900+ at the wheels. Granted I have 300 into my turbos and 300 into my head for cut valve guides to accept the new springs, valve job and 15% p&p (machinist is a good friend of mine lol) I'm running a contagious diesel built 500cc comp 12mm p7100, contagious prototype 5x20 injectors, holset hx52 over ht4c (67 over 85) 190# springs, and custom Manton pushrods

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Funds for the rest of the swap... Haha! I can't even comprehend right now. If have to think about it a while. But I've gone above and beyond on everything. Only thing original on this truck will be frame and leaf springs

Latest posts

Members online